Taking a chance?

Danny figured out the best thing to do was just to give her some space, so he slowly left her all alone in her big apartment. "....Okay... see you tomorrow then......!" Danny said with a soft voice, before he closed the door behind him, not even getting a goodbye kiss.....and made his way over to the elevator, with a big lump in his throat...

Jessica quickly walked over to her big bedroom, and before she knew it, tears forced its way out of her eyes. As much as she tried to keep them inside, she just couldn't do it. This was all too much. She had never been so confused in her whole life.... Everything about Danny felt so right, and it wasn't his fault that she had doubts about their relationship..... That was her fault.... Danny was amazing, she knew that, and she had deep deep feelings for him, and she knew that she was in love with him. The thing that bothered her was that she didn't knew if she loved him. As soon as he said those world to her, everything became so real, to real, too much for her to handle.

She grabbed her big pillow and cried into it. The feeling of being a disappointment in front of Danny bothered her, but she couldn't help it, she couldn't just shut out her feelings.... And Danny had been with many women before her, much younger women. Women almost half her age. What would happened if Danny got sick of being with an older woman, was all thoughts that popper up in Jessica's head. She didn't felt attractive enough for him... What if he wanted a younger woman. Jessica couldn't handle the heartbreak that would cause.... She had to deep feelings for him, that she knew that if they took their relationship to another level, it would literally kill her if he left her, or it didn't worked out.... She was afraid the dark part of her past would come back, the depression, all the horrible days and night where she had only been laying in her bed not being able to move a muscle. It was like being tracked in a cage: as much as she wanted to get out, she just couldn't....

Her family were way too important to her that she couldn't do that to them, she didn't wanted to bring more confusion into their lives... Her two youngest also had a very hard time when she and Sam split, even though they were both adults. The hardest thing for them was probably to see their mother break apart, not being able to get out of her appartment, and not being the woman she had been most of their lives...Jessica also felt bad, because of her two young granddaughters. Sam was like a grandfather to them... and he had a strong relationship with both of them..... And suddenly he was out of their lifes.... They were alway  asking where Sammy was, and when Jessica saw their blue sparkeling eyes when they were talking about him, it alway made her cry. Eventhough the two little girls saw her. She felt so weak, but there was nothing she could do about it.

After a little while her grandaugters stopped asking after Sam, and Jessica knew deep down that it was because og Shura.... Shura knew how much it was hurting Jessica..... And she had to explane to them that Sam wasnt going to be part of their lives like he used to be.... And that Mem became really sad when they asked about him....

More and more tears came down her red cheeks, and her eyes suddenly became more heavy, and she struggled to keep them open. She squeezed hard around her pillow, and took a deep breath before things started go get more and more blurry... before she fell asleep.

****

Jessica woke up by hearing a phone ringing in what sounded like the far distance. She turned around in her king-sized bed, and covered her head with her pillow, being so tired from what happened the night before. She had cried herself to sleep, and completely worn herself out. She didn't really knew if the sound she was hearing actually was her phone, or if she was just trapped in a bad dream..... The phone stopped, and Jessica concluded that it was just a dream. But after a couple of minutes the phone started ringing again, which made Jessica jump up from the bed, and look around herself with alarmed eyes.