The Opponent

You're Warm

Chapter 12: The Opponent

A month happened to already passed and Sakura worriedly looked over her shoulder as the people around her unknowingly brushed against her. There were people everywhere and their scents were getting in the way of her trying to find a certain blonde that happened to cut all contacts with everyone for the past four weeks. Sighing as her long hair, split into two, fluttered along with the wind, she had no other choice but to turn her face to the decorated gates and continued to hold up the sign where her class was holding a magical maid and butler cafe.

Not knowing that watching her back was the person that she was looking for, Sakura continued her job as Lucy silently brushed by her and quickly headed into the school building.

She ignored everyone's curious glances. For someone like her to suddenly appear after her four week disappearance, they all looked over to her direction as they talked about her cowardice out loud with an obvious purpose. For them, cowardice was something that showed weakness, and Fairy Tail didn't have that type of image - So for them, they didn't acknowledge the blonde's enrollment to their school.
If Natsu didn't like her, then they wouldn't like her too.

The girl sighing as she walked passed the many decorated classrooms, she couldn't help but bite the inside of her cheek as she thought about it.
Just why was she even here?
Well maybe it's because Levy couldn't stop messaging her, asking what's wrong and why wasn't she at school while giving her details to Sakura who tried to find her and speak to her...

Sighing as she shook her head, she decided to enjoy her day at the school's festival just to forget about all of those pathetic thoughts that she was getting. Continuing her walk around the school hallways, her shoulder brushed passed a white-girl's shoulder, making both girls stop to turn to each other surprised. "I'm sorry, I should have watched where I was going," Lucy apologised as she apologetically tipped her head to the side.

The white-haired girl looking as if she was forcing herself to smile, she shook her head. "It's alright. The hallways are usually this crowded whether it's on a normal school day or not," she replied before bowing her head. "I have to go and meet up with my boyfriend, so I'm going to go now," she said before jogging off into the distance in a cutesy manner.

Lucy standing there to watch the stranger go, she winced when a student from her school elbowed her into her waist. "Oops! I'm sincerely sorry for my rude behaviour miss. I just couldn't see where I was carrying this heavy box and accidentally ran into you. Miss, I'm so sorry!" the girl said, her voice high and suspicious as she held the box in one arm to only cover her mouth as if she was sorry.

Her lips in a pout as she furrowed her brows acting like a pure maiden, a few of the boys jogged over to her and lifted the box out of her hands where she cutely sighed. "Why thank you boys," she chuckled before the one holding the box took a few steps where he crashed into Lucy.
Almost falling over, someone caught her waist and the girl gasped in horror. "How sly of you to flirt with someone's mate!" she soon cried out where Lucy widened her eyes.

Everyone looking over to see what was going on, Lucy quickly pushed herself away from the person who'd caught her and shook her head. "He pushed me into them. I wasn't trying to do anything though!" she exclaimed as she tried to make eye contact with someone who was caring enough to argue as her defense.

The sound of someone clearing their throat from behind the blonde, everyone stopped their murmuring to look at the boy with sapphire hair. Eyes that held no emotion as he blinked to the girl who's causing such a ruckus, he slipped his hands into his pockets and sighed tiredly. "You can't call it flirting when it relates to someone being pushed into the opposite sex. I caught her from falling; which you guys were purposely trying to make her do," he stated bluntly.