Introduction

Her name was Autumn,
Or at least that's what she liked to be called. Her name was actually Laya, but she got it in her head when we were younger that it would be cool if we were both named after seasons, since my name is Summer. Autumn is my little sister (By 23 months, her being born in April and me being born in May.). Anyways, February of last year, Autumn was diagnosed with chronic depression and anxiety. Directly following this discovery, pills seemed to become a norm in our house, and I'm sure the people in our school probably thought she was a drug addict but, regardless, the discovery sort of surprised us all. Anyone who has ever met Autumn can't help but remember her smile when thinking about her. She wore it all the time, so it was impossible to imagine her face without it until it was gone. No one really knows when it started. When I think of Autumn I think of her when we were kids. She was never any different from me or my friends. Other than the age gap she was the same.
Now, before I go on, I want you to know I am not obsessed with my sister. In fact, I could care less about her or her mental state, but things are different now. Things are different because Autumn is missing.