Chapter 3

My eyes tore open at the sound of laughter in the next room. It was Autumn, and someone else whom I presumed was probably Gwenn. I rolled over to face the window, which showed no signs of late whatsoever. What time was it? I unlocked my Iphone to see that I had several missed calls from Diana, a few texts from various people, and that it was 7 o'clock. I had gotten home at 1, so that meant I had been asleep a grand total of six hours, which wasn't that impressive considering Autumn once slept through the whole weekend. 

I lifted myself off the bed, teasing with my hair a bit to get it out of my face and walked out of the room, only to see that Autumn and Gwen were playing Uno at the kitchen table. "Could you guys be any louder or?" I asked sarcastically, peeking around the corner and into the living room to see where her Mom was. She looked back at Autumn, whose face was all but smiling now. Her cheeks beamed red whole her hands clenched the cards in her hand tightly, as if she was scared they may slip away from her. I ignored it though, just like I ignored everything. "Where's mom?" This time it was Gwenn who answered me, "She went to the store with my mom.". That was good, considering that Diana was probably calling because she wanted me to come hang out. After all, Mom couldn't stop me if she didn't know.  I opened my phone and stepped back into my room, where I sat down in the floor in front of my mirror, going back over my make up. I called Diana and put the phone on speaker, fixing my eyeliner as I waited for her to answer.

"What the hell have you been doing for the past few hours?" Diana shouted into the phone, obviously a bit drunk. She didn't time me time to answer before going on with what she had to say. "Whatever, fuck it. I'm at Justice's house. His parents are like, never home. He has a bong, and everyone else is here, so I thought you should come, maybe spend some time with Louiiiii!" she shouted, dragging on the shitty nickname she had just created. For a moment, I almost forgot about what Alex had told me about him earlier that afternoon, but once I remembered, my smile vanished. "Yeah, yeah. I'll be there. Give me 30." I said, hanging up the phone before I had to hear Diana say that shitty nickname again. 

I scanned over myself in the mirror once again, this time taking note that Louis would be at the party I would be attending. Instantly, I wanted to wash everything off and start completely over again, but I knew I wouldn't. I contoured my face before giving up and walking out to my closet. Mom was always buying me clothes. Which would usually be okay if it wasn't for the fact that they were from Goodwill. I shifted through all the second hand items and over to the things I had bought myself. After some time, I finally decided on a floral black romper and my sandals. I liked the idea of taking advantage of the warmness outside. Even if t was only 70 degrees, it was a warm 70 degrees. 

Once I was dressed I slipped out past the kitched, where Gwenn and Autumn had taken to talking about the cat. Obviously, their lives were pretty boring if all they could talk about was Fatty Fatty Four Paws. Once I got in my car, I sped out of the neighborhood, figuring that the quicker I left, the bigger the chances that I wouldn't run into Mom. Justice's house wasn't that far from mine and I was there within five minutes of leaving the house. It had been difficult to even find a solid parking spot since the whole driveway was a cluster of cars, and the curb wasn't any better. I ended up parking in front of one of Justice's neighbor's homes, which sort of irritated me because it was a long walk. 

When I walked through the front door of Justice's house, faced immeidiatly  began to dance around the room, creating a loud and obnoxious atmosphere that gave me a large migraine. The smell of cannabis drifted throughout the place, making my stomach churn sickly. I hated weed, but I would never tell Diana that, since I knew it was something she did almost daily. 

Suddenly, Alex was by my side, pulling down my hair and putting her arm around me, waving a drink over the room. "Glad you could make it, sleepy pants.' she said, grinning from ear to ear. "Here try this. It's homemade." she said, slurring on her words a bit and handing me a drink. I did as she asked, and immediately wished that I hadn't. Whatever concoction was in the drink tasted bitter in my mouth, doing a number on my already-sick-stomach. Alex lead me over to the center of the room, where vintage couches apparently seemed to be almost a collectors item. There were four couches in rows behind each other. Alex sat on a middle one and dragged me down with her, laying across my lap in a drunken state. I let her realize a bit before asking, "Where is Louis?". "Sh- I mean he, is hanging out in one of the rooms upstairs. Pretty sure he's banging Slutty McSluttison." she replied, rolling her eyes and passing the drink back to me. This time I drank willingly, shaking my head. Maybe the idea of ever being with Louis was just a pipedream. After all, he seemed to have other priorities.

As if reading my mind, Alex leaned up, nearly spilling my drink in the process. "Let's walk in on them." she proposed, her hand gripping my wrist tightly. The drink had just begun to sink in on me, and I smiled down at her. "Let's do it." I said excitedly. It just seemed to make sense, walk in on the guy you love banging another girl, make sure he notices you. 

Of course, looking back on it all, it probably wasn't my brightest moment either.