Falling For Memories

People that were in my life left behind a trail of memories for me to remember them. I give a lot of importance to memories. I have the ability to love someone unconditionally but my only flaw is that I love the image that the memories they left created of them.

One of the reasons why my trust is usually broken.

We fall in love with memories and we remain in the illusion that we are actually in love with the person the memories are associated with. This illusion usually ends us with a broken heart.

I am still in love with all the people who left. However, this morning I came to the realisation that I was in love with their memories not with them. People change.

And as far as I know it, you cannot be in love with strangers who were once your partners in crime because they changed and all that is left is reminders of how they used to be.

Memories cannot be erased. Moving on is another illusion; there is no such thing as moving on. There is only acceptance.

Accepting the memories and the pain and joy that comes alongside will only improve you. You can forgive the mistakes and betrayals so as to prevent yourself from thinking destructive thoughts however you can never forget. You can accept the melancholic feelings of having had spent good times with people you once could not think of living without but now can.

Acceptance will bring you good no matter how hard it will seem to be during the first lines.

And I want all of you to remember that memories are not bad. Each one of them hold a great importance. We are only humans.