Family; Do I belong?

Many of us ask this question at a certain point in our life; 'Do I belong here?'

We take the definition of family from movies, books and other media; "Family is where nobody gets left behind."

I have a family. A couple of people that are related to me by blood or other form of kinship ties, if that is what you believe to be family.

In my family, there used to be gender discrimation. It all changed when I grew up and I understood the causes of the problems. Our elders are respectable members in the society as well as in the family. However, some times our elders can be wrong and nobody would do anything about it.

Where did we all went wrong in being a family? The question's first appearance happened in the year 2012; I was just started to grow and understand just how strongly I felt for the lack of respect that my family had for their women and how they were given less importance.

I realised the causes; a traditional society with a traditional mindset caused stereotypes that believed women as inferior figures to men.

Husbands were considered to be god.

Is God a punisher, a merciless punisher that has no boundaries when it comes to domestical violence? No.

Is God someone who listens to every ill beingness that are rumoured about his wife and go around and believe people's words instead of listening to the pleas of the woman who loved him with all her wits while he bruised her? No.

God is not someone who hurts the one he most love.

Do you believe that your family, however it is, is right with all that they think of?

Do you like how your family is?

You do not have to hide here. You do not have to feel the need to manipulate or sugar coat the truth here.

We are only victims because we remain silent when we are being assaulted.

You want change, change starts from you. Would you want your children to suffer the same as you? I am sure not.

Change starts with us.

Grow your family tree and nourish it well with the appropriate values.

"Life is a tree. It has to be buried in the humid soil and nourished with proteins and vitamins to grow. One day it shall be cut but another tree shall grow in its place. With determination and patience, grow the tree then bear the fruits."