s i x

Day 5

Waking up early in the morning is something everyone hates to do. Especially when it's related to school. (Except for school suspensions of course.) But this day was strange. All the students actually woke up early, happily. Oh that's right, it's because they have this trip for two days away from school and they probably can't wait.

It was five thirty am in the morning and Laura was already awake. The brunette was pacing back and forth, silently freaking out. She was cursing under her breath and at the same time rubbing her temples. Her actions caused the blonde to slowly wake up. He started rubbing his eyes and as she noticed, she stopped pacing. Laura silently cursed at herself for not being too quiet. "Laur?" Ross softly says with his sexy morning voice. He slowly sits up and looks around. His eyes lock on the brunette staring at him. His eyebrow raised in confusion. "Why are you up so early? The bus leaves at seven." He stood up and stretches his arms making his muscles flex. Laura's eyes widen a little but doesn't make it obvious. "It's just," She sighs and continues. "I need to pack and my clothes are at home where.. he is..." The now shy Laura bows her head and plays with her fingers. Ross' confusion fades away. "Laura, I think it's time for you and your dad to talk. He must be really worried about you now. You can't just remove him from the picture. Running away won't solve anything." The blonde stands in front of the brunette and holds her shoulders, gently squeezing them. "You can do it Laura." Ross lifts her chin up with his index finger and weakly smiles at her. Laura looks deeply in his eyes making sure he's telling the truth. And he was, which caused Laura to sigh. "Fine. But seriously, you should stop acting so understanding with me. I can handle things by myself." She softly giggles as she playfully punches his shoulder. A smile appears on the blonde's face. "That's the spirit! Well, kind of..." He chuckles. "Come on, I'll drive you there." He takes the hoodie from the top of his desk and puts it on. He makes his way to his closet and gets another hoodie for Laura. "Here," Ross tosses the hoodie to the brunette. Luckily, she catches it on time. "You can't just go out early in the morning wearing that." The blonde chuckles and points at the girl's sleeping clothes. (Which by the way came from Rydel.) Laura rolls her eyes as she puts the hoodie on. She looks at herself on the mirror. "It's too big on me." She looks back at him. Ross smiles in return. "It's cute." He shakes his head, still with that smile on his face. "Now let's go. You don't want to keep your dad waiting." The blonde holds her hand, pulling her out of his room.

They both stumble downstairs as they land on the last step. The action caused Ross' family to look at them with a bit of weirdness in their eyes. "Are you guys.. okay?" Rocky chuckles a little while taking a bite from his stack of pancakes. "Just, in a rush. I need to bring Laura to her house to pack," Ross responds while taking his car keys from the coffee table. "Why are you guys up so early though?" He faces them. Of course, still holding Laura's hand. "We've got a meeting with HR. (Hollywood Records) Sucks." Riker chuckles as he places the plate he just ate from in the sink. Ross nods. "Alright then." He pulls the brunette to the front door. "Ross wait!" Stormie stops him before they walk out. "Have you packed your stuff for the trip?" She tilts her head to the side. Ross smiles cheekily. "I'll do it once I come home from Laura's house. I promise." He places a kiss on his mom's cheek before walking out the house with Laura. "Thank you by the way Mrs. Lynch!" Laura rushes before Ross pushes her in his car. Stormie smiles and closes the door.

"Do I really need to do it?" Laura asks a little nervously while buckling her seatbelt. "Come on Laura, he's your dad," Ross glances at her. He inserts the key in the ignition and turns it a couple of times before bringing the car to life. "If you want I could stay for a few minutes and be with you." The blonde softly says but still making sure the brunette can hear. "That would be great," Laura nods. "Thank you. So much. As in, for everything you've done." Laura sighs and leans back on the seat. "It's nothing big, Marano. I'd do anything for someone to be happy." Ross quickly punches the girl's shoulder softly, his eyes still focused on the road. Laura smiles a little but soon fades as the familiar signs on the road catches her attention.