Chapter Thirty-One: Willing

AUTHOR'S POV        

Larry is on his way back to Stephanie's house after an emotional therapy session with Laurent's words about why he abused him still ringing in his ear. He knew he needed to know why but he never would have imagined in a million years that it would be for the stated reasons. That's why he wanted to leave although deep down he knew he should have stayed. After all, he did agree to it but understandably it became too much for him. It does warm his heart that Laurent is fighting so hard for their relationship but he needs Laurent to just put himself in his shoes for a moment. Six months of abuse and three months being apart because of it. It should come as no surprise that after all this time this information needs some time to process. He pulls up into Stephanie's driveway and is out of the car walking up the stairs in a matter of seconds. He goes inside and doesn't realize that Stephanie is in the kitchen prepping for dinner as he's walking to his room...

Stephanie: "Larry"?

Larry: "Oh hey Stephanie. I didn't mean to walk by and not speak but I didn't see you".

Stephanie: "Don't worry about it. I'm just surprised to see you so soon". *pause* "Are you alright"?

Larry: "Not really. That's why I'm back so early". *pause* "I had to leave".

She sees the emotion in his face and retrieves a towel to wipe her hands off then walk way over to him...

Stephanie: "Hey, it's ok. Come here".

She envelopes him in a hug and he wastes no time hugging her back tightly and allowing more of his emotions to spill out on her shoulder...

Stephanie: "Everything will be alright love. Come over here and have a seat".

Larry lifts his head and wipes his tears while walking over to the couch. Stephanie takes a seat in her favorite chair across from him...

Stephanie: "You wanna talk about it? I mean, you know you don't have to but I can tell your heart is very heavy so if you need to talk about it we can".

*brief pause*

Larry: "I don't believe it Stephanie".

Stephanie: "What's that sweetie"?

Larry: "Laurent. He finally told me why he hurt me and...I just can't believe it".

Just as he's about to go further into detail there's a loud knock on the door...

"Larry"! Larry"!

Larry stands up from the couch...his emotions coming back tenfold as he listens to Laurent calling for him so he quickly goes to his room. He doesn't even tell Stephanie what to do as far as letting him in or asking him to leave. Hearing the desperation in Laurent's voice she dashes over to the door to let him in and without so much as a hello...

Laurent: "Is he in his room"?

Stephanie: "Yeah he is".

Laurent is over and knocking on his door in two seconds flat. He knocks a couple of times at first and when he doesn't answer he tries turning the knob...but it's locked...

Laurent: "Larry, you know we can't go on like this. We have to talk. I realize it was hard today but you agreed". *silence* "Larry"?

Larry is sitting on the edge of his bed looking out of the window as he listens to Laurent... 

Laurent: "Bebe please open the door. Please. I'm sorry you're hurting. Please just let me in so i can be close to you".

At the moment Larry blurts out something that Laurent totally didn't see coming...