Chapter 3-Aeron

I had my hands tangled in with my hair, in deep concentration. I knew already that Daedalus, or as I call him Lus, had finished and Moyra was close too. I was still on question twenty. If this had been Twenty Questions, I'd be done. But it's not Twenty Questions, it's fifty questions, and I'm not even halfway done with just over half the time left. Not to mention that the only thing I can currently think of is the art exhibit next week that I still need to come up with a new piece for.
No Aer snap out of it! This is one of the most important moments of your life, and don't ruin your chances of even being in that art exhibit by thinking about it and bombing the test.
I took several deep breaths and concentrated on the questions as I noticed movement from across the room. Moyra was done, and she gave me a reassuring smile as she left the room, her long flaming braid trailing her. I was now alone.
I looked around the room to find something, anything to concentrate on and ease my ever increasing worry. My eyes finally settled on the clock.
I'm on question number thirty and I have and hour and a half left. If I concentrate really hard from now on, I'll make it and do fine. I'll be fine.
I sat there and concentrated, and did the very best I could with the minimal amount of studying I had done, while people slowly began to leave.
Exactly one hour and twenty-five minutes later, I finally finished and hit send. I was the last one left in the classroom by that time, and Mrs. Rup said, "Aeron, since you are the last one do you think you can tell everyone that their scores will be sent out tomorrow afternoon at 4:00?"
"Sure Mrs. Rup." I said back to her as I was internally scolding myself for not studying.
I walked out of the building and immediately spotted Moyra's hair in the crowd, but before I could go over to them, I needed to give Mrs. Rup's announcement.
"Hey! Mrs. Rup wanted me to tell everyone that the scores for this test will go out tomorrow at 4:00 pm!" I yelled through the other voices, and as soon as I said it, whispers and gasps filtered through the crowd. I made my way down the steps to Lus and Moyra deep in conversation.
"Hey guys," I said carefully hiding my emotion from them, "whatcha been talking about without me?"
They looked at me nervously. I wasn't sure if they were nervous for me or for themselves so I pretended not to notice.
"Nothing much really, we were just talking about what we are all going to do tonight to celebrate this being over!" Lus said happily pumping his fist into the air, confident that he had passed the test.
"I don't know you guys," Moyra said while playing with her sleeve nervously, "maybe premature celebration will jinx our chances at passing."
"I think it's a great idea actually. To just let loose and relax finally after so much nonstop studying." I said, agreeing with my twin.
"Then it's settled! Moyra meet up at our house tonight at 7:00, and we'll have a night for once not filled with studying." Even though Lus studies and does schoolwork a lot of the time, he still likes to have fun, which can be rare.
"Ok, I'll be there!" Moyra said as she laughed, "Now can we discuss the new album from..."
I started to zone out at this point looking at the midday sky and thinking about how beatiful it would be if I drew a picture of the sun directly above our heads in oil pastel.