Chapter 4-Moyra

I left my house at 6:58, and walked down the road. I had a bag of ranch flavored chips in one arm, and in my other a new pack of shading pencils for Aer. I had found them at my house, and had no need for them, so I knew Aer would put them to good use. I walked up the stone steps to the twin's house and knocked twice, Lus was already there at the door.

"Oh, hey." Lus gestured for me to come in, I stumbled over the lip of the doorway. Lus caught my elbow, pulling me back up to a standing position "Sorry!" I said quickly. Lus grabbed the chips, and looked down to see the pencils for Aer. He gave me a disapproving look. I often brought over supplies for Aer, and when I didn't have anything to spend my money on I bought Aer art supplies. She accepted anything, and always was thankful.

"Aer, come downstairs." Lus yelled. We walked deeper into the house. All of the houses here were exactly the same. White everywhere, we went up the carpeted stairs, and into the the art studio. This room was anything but white. All the walls had a forest scene. It was covered with extreme details of every leaf, trunk, and piece of grass. I looked over Aer's shoulder to see light sketches of my face, and Lus's face. I looked where she was drawing, and it was her own.

"Come on Aer, you'll have a long time to finish the drawing let's go." Aer sighed, and stood up from her chair. We went into Lus's bedroom. There was really no where else to go in the house that wasn't crowded with either furniture or art supplies. Lus and Aer sat in matching arm chairs. I climbed up on Lus's loft bed, and looked down onto them. By looking at how the sat, in the chairs, you could tell they were raised in the same house. I waited a second, I opened my to say something, but then Lus cut me off.

"How do you think you two did, I think I did amazing!" Lus sounded a little cocky. "I think I did well." I said. We both locked our eyes on Aeron. She rarely let her emotions show. I studied her, trying to figure out what she was thinking.

"We just finished, lets have some fun, lets not worry about the scores, they won't be released until tomorrow." Aer paused. "Let's talk about something else." She was avoiding the question. I was worried about her. I didn't know what do say. I looked at Lus, he was even more worried. I knew that if the two of them were ever separated Lus would never forgive himself. He would blame himself if Aer ended up on the farms. I could tell if Aer really did pass, it would be by a sliver.

I was scared, our group couldn't separate. I needed the twins, the twins needed me, and most importantly the twins needed each other!