Chapter 7

Chapter 7 (Thia's P.O.V.)

A/N: EDITED VERSION. PLEASE READ AGAIN!

We arrive at the camp site at 10 am. Once we got off the bus, Ms. Raya directed us to the cabin where we girls would be staying.

        Bunk beds. Yay.

        All the bunk beds were pushed together in pairs. Avery, Rae, Tahnee and I get the bunks  closest to the corner of the room. Avery and Rae take the top bunks while Tahnee and I take the bottom.

        As the four of us unpack sloppily (except for Rae), Ms. Raya enters the cabin again and announces the first day free of any activities, except for a bonfire at 9 in the evening. The usual lights out would be at 10, excluding today. Then she leaves without a second glance. Tahnee and I look at each other with faces of joy.

        "Lake," we say to each other without a blink of an eye. We look at Avery and Rae, who look at each other as well and shrug in agreement. We all dig out our swimsuits from our bags and run to the bathroom to change.

        You can simply get around this camp site by following the signless paths that connect everything together, so the lake was easy to find. Even though it would've been difficult, it would be an adventure to discover this place anyway.

        The paths were lined with trees, which gives it that forest exploring feel to it. It, at last, opens up to the lake. The sunlight blinds my eyes since there were no more trees to protect us, so I put my sunglasses on and the four of us walk to the dock. We set down our things before stepping on the dock, hoping it wouldn't get splashed on later on. Avery takes off her oversized shirt, throws it to the ground next to her things and runs on the dock like a plane before taking off. She jumps into the lake, creating a huge splash that leaves all of us wet and laughing except for Tahnee, who obviously has other problems to deal with.

        "My hair!" she whines and shoots daggers at Avery.

        "Awww, Tahns," Avery coos. "You look better that way."

        "Do you know how fucking long it took me to have it this way?" Tahnee yells, annoyed.

        "Five seconds?" Avery says in a sing-song voice. "You know, ever since I jumped into this lake. Duh. But you know what will make you feel better?"

        "I don't want to know."

        "Well, too bad. It's a hug." Avery climbs the dock with ultimate speed and runs to Tahnee with arms open. Tahnee runs away screaming around the lake with a grinning Avery on her trail. Rae and I, still laughing, jump into the lake and watch Avery chase Tahnee amusingly. 

        After several minutes of non-stop screaming and shrieks, Avery finally caught Tahnee. Damn, those two run so fast! Rae gave up watching and cooled off at the bottom of the lake, trying to stay under as long as possible. Avery pushed Tahnee into the lake, who gave one last scream before the water swallowed her. Avery jumped in after her. The two swam to us as they splashed each other.

        "Shit, we didn't put sunblock!" I said and dragged Tahnee with me to the dock. Rae and Avery didn't even bother to follow. God, the nerve of those two. I run to my stuff and look for my sunblock. Where the fuck did I put that thing?

        After finding it, I pour it all over myself. Soccer tans me enough. Rae and Avery were teaching each other how to splash water with fisted hands. Tahnee was no where to be seen. I stand up to look for her, when a tap on the shoulder stops me.

        "Hey Thia," a familiar voice says. I stand up, turn around and lower my shades.

        "Sup, Jace?" I say to him, turn back around and put my shades back on, searching for Tahnee around the lake. I'm not really in the mood to talk to anybody else.