Prologue

Prologue

     It was a chilly night and I just arrived at my friend Tahnee's party. I gracefully exited my car and hurried to the door to see couples making out and red plastic cups scattered around the garden. I opened the door and the smell of sweat and alcohol engulfed me. I saw one of my close friends named Rae, she approached me and swayed her hips side to side looking a bit tipsy.

     "Where's your boyfriend?" she loudly asked, her words slightly slurred.

     "I don't know, I was supposed to meet him," I said, slightly worried.

     "Meet who?" a warm voice asked from behind me. The person covers my eyes with his warm hands, and I immediately recognized Blake, my boyfriend. I decided to play along and pretended to guess who it was.

     "Oh, you know, somebody..."

     "Me?" he replied then removes his hands. I turned around to face him. His blue eyes that seemed to always captivate me caused me to catch my breath. They seem to always show love but now they seem a little cold and hurt. I threw my arms around his neck and inhaled his manly scent.

     "Hey..." I mumbled to his broad shoulders he tensed up and stayed still, then he then slowly bended down to my ear, his warm breath on my neck. He said in a low serious tone with all the playfullness gone and said, "We need to talk." I hesitantly removed my arms from his neck.

     "Okay," I replied using the same tone of voice that he used with me. He grabbed my small hand and pulled me through the crowd of sweaty dancing bodies across the room. We entered the dark balcony. He suddenly stopped walking and I almost slammed into him. He turned around to see his eyes showing determination and pain.

     "I don't think this is working out," he said. My brain momentarily stopped working and I placed a look of pain on my face. He walked towards me then clenched my shoulders. He looked me in the eyes, but his fell back to the ground.

     "We're over."

     He quickly walks away not sparing me a glance. My knees suddenly gave out and tears formed in my eyes. My heart felt like it has been ripped out and stomped on. I was gasping for air and I let out a loud scream. But still the pain wad too much to bear. I quickly wiped away my tears and removed my heels. I let out a shaky breath and stood up holding the balcony edge for support. "I needed alcohol" is the only thing my head is screaming at me.

A/N: Hey, it's our first story! So, yeah.. hope you guys like it :) Vote, comment, fan or whatever -A