Chapter 1: Them

Thank you for deciding to read my book, hope you enjoy
xoxo
jessica 😘
----------------------------------------------
Mia's POV

"Just one more push Mia"
"I can't!"
"yes you can just push"
"okay"
I grunt and scream, a baby cries I sigh and ask to see her. The doctor hands me my beautiful daughter, Owen and I look down at her. I cry in awe of the beautiful thing we created. I look up to Owen to tell him that I love him, then he bites her foot clean off, I scream telling him to stop he looks up and growls at me and continues eating our daughter, she is crying I rip her out of his grasp and run for the door only to find it locked I turn around and there's hundreds of them surrounding me, they start biting me, eating me I scream trying to to get away from them only to attract more I feel tears coming down my face as I await my death I close my eyes waiting for them to kill me this is it, this is how I die.

I opened my eyes to find Owen sitting in front of me with worry in his eyes, "The same one?" he asks. "yes" I answer with no emotion in my voice. I've been having ongoing nightmares ever since  I watched my mother die in front of me.

*flashback*
(1 month ago)
Owen and I decided to stay at my moms house with me being 5 months pregnant. I was in the dining room eating a peanut butter sandwich when my husband burst through the front door explaining that we had to leave and it wasn't safe anymore. I tried to argue with him that it was safe and he said that there was a herd coming to the house and We had to leave, I obeyed and packed my things. We ran to the car and drove into the forest and made camp for the night. I sleep in the car and Owen was on watch my mom had her own tent, I wanted to sleep in the tent with my mom but Owen said it was safer in the car annoyed I made my bed in the car and fell into a dreamless sleep. I awoke to a blood curdling scream, my mothers scream I went to open the door but it was locked I unlocked it and got out she was lying there on the ground being devoured by a walker in a purple sundress I began to cry when I saw this my cries made the walker turn around and come after me I pulled out my AK47 and shot it in the head. I ran over to my mother who was lying on the ground wheezing and coughing I sat next to her and told her it would be okay. I sat there for what seemed that hours but was only 30 minutes when her breathing slowed to a stop and I knew what had to be done I pulled out my knife and held it to her head "Mia?" I heard Owen's voice. I turned to him tears streaming down my face, he came to me and picked me off the ground and sat me down on a log and asked me what happened. "I w-woke up to her s-screaming and it was eating her and I-I shot it." I said bursting into tears he cradled me in his arms until I calmed down and set me in the car. I watched as he put a knife through her skull. After we buried her we left and never returned.
*end of flashback*

Owen and I were staying in an abandoned house just outside of Atlanta, it's small but that's okay because it's just Owen and I. "We need to find a group" I tell Owen he nods his head in agreement. "What we really need to find is Alisha." he says. "I know" is all I say.  "Let's go on a run." he says and I agree because we are running low on food and water.

We decided to go hunting and stop by a quarry my brother used to take me fishing at. After being in the woods for almost 2 hours we only find 3 squirrels, so we decide to go down to the quarry. We walked out of the words onto a dirt path and start walking up it. "Lily?" Owen says "hmm it's okay but what about Hailey?"I asked him. "I told you...." he started then stopped, "what" I question, he shushes me. "Come on son you know best how to work this thing" a voice says. Owen and I look at each other and both know what the other is thinking.