Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The Next Day...

Riker POV

I helped Riley pack up her stuff, and then we walked over to her house. Her uncle greeted us at the door.

"So what do you want to do now?" I asked Riley.

"Uh... Unpack probably..."

"Do you want help or do you want me to go home?"

"Uh... I don't really need help, but you don't have to go home if you don't want to."

"Ok."

I sat down on Riley's bed and talked with her until she was finished unpacking.

"So have you heard anything from Dylan recently?" I asked.

"Uh..."

"Riley, what happened?"

"Nothing."

"Riley."

"Nothing, I swear!"

"Riley."

"Riker, there's nothing going on."

"Fine. I think I should go home now."

"Riker, wait."

"What?"

"Nothing's going on, I promise. Don't leave."

"Riley, would you tell me if something was going on?"

"I don't know..."

I turned around and started for the door.

"Riker, wait! Why is this so important to you!?"

"Because I care about you, Riley! And if you don't tell me what's going on, I can't help you."

"Riker, nothing's going on. I don't need help with anything. I'm back at my uncle's. That's as crazy as things are, right now."

I still didn't really believe that. I was guessing it was something with Dylan. But I knew she didn't usually tell people things like this, so I wouldn't be too surprised if there really was something going on with Dylan.

"Riley, I have to go. Maybe I'll see you later," I said, walking out the door.

A Few Days Later...

Riley POV

I had no idea what was going on with Riker. I thought we were really close, but I haven't seen him in a few days. I bet he could tell I was lying when I said nothing was going on. But Riker wasn't here to fight my battles for me. I could do it on my own. Dylan was my problem, and I would find a way to solve it.

"Riley!?" My uncle called.

"Yeah!?" I called back.

"There's a guy here to see you!"

"Ok. I'll be there in a minute!"

I figured it was Riker, and we would probably go down to the beach to talk, so I grabbed my phone on the way out of my room.

"Hi Riley."

"Dylan!? What are you doing here?"

"Why don't we go talk about this down at the beach?"

"Why? We could just go to my room."

I was terrified he was going to do something to me. At least if we were still in the house, my uncle could hear me scream if something happened.