Chapter Four Part 5

Ava hurried through the main hotel doors and swayed slightly as the icy blast reacted instantly with the alcohol in her body. Cursing under his breath, Davi grabbed hold of her arm to keep her on her feet.

"Get off me." She growled at him.

"I'm trying to stop you hitting the floor. Ai meu Deus."

"I am not drunk you brute, the wind just caught me off guard."

"Well you certainly drank enough." Davi was struggling to remain calm as he tried to stop her from wrenching herself from his grasp and slipping on the icy floor of the car park. "I'm trying to help you, woman."

"Don't you dare call me 'Woman'." Ava stopped abruptly and turned to face him, forcing his arms to clamp around her in order to keep her standing. His eyes bore into hers.

"I am only trying to help you. I didn't ask you back into my life, but you make a huge mess of your life again and you call me. Expect me to come and pick up the pieces. Santa Maria mãe de Deus, you're a grown up, it's about time you learnt to deal with your own problems, on your own."

Tears began to puddle in her eyes and her voice stuttered painfully as she tried to speak. "How dare you...." A tiny tear brimming with hurt teetered on her lower eyelash before trickling a slow path down her smooth cheek. Her tear evaporated his anger and Davi gently wiped it away with his thumb to forestall any others joining its watery lead.

Swearing quietly he weaved his fingers through the thick wavy hair at the nape of her neck and brushed his lips against hers, shocking her out of her frozen gaze.

"No." She cried, turning her head away from him. This couldn't be happening. She wouldn't let this happen.

Davi gently turned her head back to face him. "Yes," he said quietly and took her mouth again.

Ava's heart was screaming at her to stop this, but her limbs were starting to melt as the sensations engendered from his kiss careered along every nerve in her body. She pulled back and tried to shout at him to stop but the fight was now draining from her words and her head remained still, her eyes locked to his.

Davi didn't reply this time but kissed her again, the kiss deepening and growing in urgency, producing an increasingly intense response throughout her body as it betrayed her and continued to mould itself against the warm, solid strength of Davi's exciting body. She knew this was a bad idea but when his tongue started to blaze a path through her parted lips any attempt at self-control vanished. They had been apart for so long and she was starving for the heat and passion that only Davi was able to awaken in her. She hungrily welcomed the delicious tremors that brought her sexual body back to life, delighted in the feel of her breasts crushed against his firm chest, the tips straining through the fabric of her dress.

Her hands finally caved and smoothed a track over the hard contours of his powerful back, sliding their way up into the luxurious thick mass of hair which she gripped hard, pulling him closer to her, her mouth matching the furious need of his own.

The sudden noise of a car honking at them to move tore them apart with dizzying speed. Blindly walking away from the dazzling headlights, Ava laid a hand on a nearby car door and physically shook as the knowledge of what they had just done seeped slowly back to her.

"Ava, my car is over here." Davi flinched as she turned to face him, her eyes, filled with disgust, tore at him. She slowly regained her composure and pulled herself upright. With her head held high Ava walked towards him. Before passing and heading towards his car, she pointed an elegant finger at him.