Chapter Seven Part 8

The rocking motion was soothing and Ava felt warm and safe for the first time in a long time. As she felt the strong walls of her shelter falling away, her eyes flickered open. Davi gently sat her on the soft bed and removed her coat and jumper and slipped off her shoes. The moonlight streamed through the window highlighting the lines of his striking face looking down at her. She continued to watch him as he smoothed flyaway strands of hair away from her face.

His melancholic expression made her sad and the emotions of the night returned. More tears threatened but she refused to cry anymore. She'd cried enough. She'd been angry for too long. Had allowed the hate to fester and control her. She didn't want to be that woman anymore, didn't want to be pitied. It was time to take back the tiller of her own life.

Without touching him she knew how he would feel, how soft the skin stretched taut over those high cheekbones would be, how the brush of his stubble would feel grazing against her, how his full lips would feel pressed against her own. Thinking was not a concern just now, only feeling, only touching mattered.

Ava raised her hand and ran her fingers lightly up the back of his neck until they were anchored in the short, soft waves. With her palm she gently pulled him towards her but he stiffened, resisting her pressure.

"Not like this." His voice was deep and husky. "I won't take advantage of you, not tonight, not like this."

"I need this." Ava's voice was sure and guttural, reaching out to him.

"You'll regret this in the morning."

"No. In the morning I will feel deliciously satisfied and relaxed. I need this, I need you, just for tonight."

She could see the conflicting emotions straining his features and for the first time she could see the old Davi looking back at her. The Davi who was honourable and trustworthy, thinking that she was vulnerable right now and wouldn't want to take advantage of her. But his cheeks held the slight flush of arousal and she could feel the heat radiating from him. His body was desperate to overrule his head.

"Davi, please. I want this. Don't make me beg."

Ava could see the exact moment when her words broke through the restraint he was struggling to hold on to and rejoiced as his mouth swooped to take hers in a kiss that blew away the barriers of time and hurt and regret. The pressure between their mouths was almost brutal, searing them together with explosive need and desire. His body pressed down against hers and Ava revelled in the sensations of her breasts pushing against his strong chest. Locked together, her body sung in triumph as she felt the hard strength of his own need.

His mouth left hers, savagely tasted the smooth satin skin of her neck, forcing her head back and her body to arch against his. As he flexed his hips, pressing his erection harder against her sexual core, her hands gripped his hair tightly and she arched higher against him, her legs wrapping around him in a crushing vice. The need to feel connected to him, to feel filled by him was making her wild.

Fuelled by the desperate need to get closer, Ava's hands pulled frantically at his jumper, eager for the warm feel of his skin against hers. Davi shifted, giving her room to pull the jumper off over his head and for him to tear the delicate material covering her breasts and her stomach. His smile looked triumphant as she lay exposed for him, full breasts encased in sexy wisps of lace and he yanked the cups down to reveal the tight erect nipples that begged for his mouth.

He cupped one firm silky white breast in his hand, sinking his fingers lightly in the plump flesh, and she felt the sensitive, aroused bud throb against him. His fingers loosened their grip and his palm gently grazed the swollen nipple before taking it between his fingers. Her body arched against him, her mouth letting slip a moan. Davi looked into her eyes, a knowing smile spreading across his flushed face before his head dropped and he took a rosy tip into his hot wet mouth.