Love Again #30 {A Hood Love}

"O is for the only one I see"

{Anika's POV}

He grinned at me and laughed. I didn't laugh back.

I crossed my arms over my chest and started to stand but he pulled me right back down to his side.

"I'm just playing" he reassured me.

I said nothing and he smiled wrapping his hands around my shoulder.

"Where going on are date tonight" he said with a smile "It should be fun".

"Yeah" I said "What do you have planned?"

"It's a surprise" he whispered as if it was in some way top secret.

I shook my head rolling my eyes.

"Them things are gonna get stuck in the back of your head if you keep it up" he criticized.

"And my fist are gonna get stuck up your upper lip if you don't shut up" I replied.

"Dang why you gotta be so mean?" he questioned.

"I'm hungry" I mumbled resting my head on the back of his arms.

"We just ate half an hour ago" he said looking at me with a frown.

I sighed "So what I need food. Now"

He set up and stood to his feet "You need to calm down ma. What's up with you?" he questioned looking down at me.

I shrugged my shoulders wrapping my arms around me and sinking deeper into the couch.

"I'm really trying to be better for you. I been coming by here every day driving myself insane trying to win you back. I want you to see that I love you more than anything but I cant do that if all you do is give me mood swings" he semi-yelled.

I don't know what came over me but tears began to fall abundantly. I was so tired and the head ach I had didn't help. I woke up this morning and threw up until noon. I just didn't know what to do. I had made and appointment for later on in the week but until then I was stuck.

He was soon sitting by my side pulling me into his lap so that I was straddling him. He rubbed back softly whispering encouraging words in my ear.

"Tell me what's wrong?" he said as soon as my breathing settled down.

I shook my head in his chest not wanting to deal with it right now.

Deondre on the other hand wasn't having it and he lifted my face with his hands his dark grey eyes searching diligently through mine.

"Speak" he said sternly his patience slowly running out.

His intense stare pulled the truth right out of me and when the words "I'm pregnant"slipped from my lips his dark grey eyes became a dark shade of grey metallic and his soft rubbing hand on my back stopped his eyebrows shooting up.

For what seemed like years we set there in silence his dark eyes never leaving mine and my tear streaked eyes not able to leave his.

His face seemed to be processing what I had just said and I didn't know if he was happy or angry. I knew he had been wanting to have a baby but I wasn't fully ready and still I was not but I was dealing with it and giving up my child was not an option.

He lightly laid me down on the couch letting his body hover over mine. I gasped as the cold air hit my stomach when he lifted my shirt starring down at it intensely.