Since You've Been Gone

My head was spinning as I ran out of my house blindly, wiping blood out of my eyes. I feared for my two younger twin brothers, and my younger sister. Fabi was smart enough to stay away, even at 8, but Memo and Julio were too young, only 2 years old. However, nothing brought me back to that dark house until the next three days had passed. I snuck in quietly, and started cooking.

"And so the prodigal daughter decided to return to the kingdom, eh? Stupid slut... Change your brothers. And you're not eating. not until you pull yor own weight. No daughter of mine's gonna be a lazy, good fer nothin'..."

I placed the lopsided, burnt pan on the stove and starting searching for food in the grubby, ant-ridden cabinents as my father drifted into a drunked stupor. My food search was quite unsuccessful, so I shrugged on a Delano Highschool track sweater, and set out into the night. Halfway to Kmart, I realize my pockets are empty. Groaning, I turn back, only to be shocked by a pair of blinding headlights. I take a step back, shake my head a few times, and trudge forward. 

"Hey, cutie. Need a lift? Maybe more..?"

I looked at the older man, not terrible looking, still pretty built, going a bit grey at the temples on a full head of deep brown hair. I shoot him a questioning look. More? What did that even mean..?

"Hop in, little darling. You look like you could use a good time...maybe a few bucks, too." He winked and made no effort to hide his eyes wandering over my body, giving me an odd and slightly violated feeling. Thinking, rolling over his offer in my head, I suddenly remember how my family had no way to eat, and my father was constantly out of a job. I nod, and accept.

Next thing I know, I'm a "homeworker" at Wothor's Sunny Bunnies. I'm not 18, and of course I wasn't a day over 12 when I started, so I couldn't be a streetworker. so I work inside the brothel. Not that any of us are very sunny... In fact, there's only one bunny-related thing in the whole place, and that's Daphne's long ears.

Yep... That's how I got to where I am today... Lady Memory is done rearing her ugly head, and I feel consiousness coming back to me in slow waves..