Cold, Stone Walls

"Bro. She's freaking dead! Just leave her there I already been to jail.."

I shook my head, opened my eyes, and to my surprise, stared into the most gorgeous, mutli-toned brown and hazel eyes I had ever been gifted with seeing in my entire, crappy life. My eyes roamed over the tan face, strong jaw, angled cheekbones, all beautifully molded onto a tanned, muscular body cut enough to make my mind wander.

"Ohmigosh... You're beautiful."

That earned me one hell of a strange look, followed by an (admittedly adorable) smile, curving up and sweetly ending with dimples. I reached up, and before I knew it, my lips were crashing onto his full, rosebud ones. I sensed his momentary hesitation, then I gently pushed my tongue into his mouth by biting at his lower lip. I made a small moan, then he suddenly pushed me away and wiped his mouth. His"friend" was making his way back from a phone call.

"Hey Roman, she's not dead. I think she's okay."

Roman... My gorgeous angel's name was perfect. Dark, tousled curly hair, lips shining just a bit from our passionate encounter. I grinned at them, and introduced myself. They were Roman DeSantiago and Gerardo Martinez. Roman was a year older, 19, and a freshman at BC. Gerardo dropped out of highschool before the first semester of freshman year had ended, and was constantly at odds with the law. Thinking of my current vocation, this wasn't a big concern for me.

"So, Sheyla... You look like you could use a bite to eat. Maybe three or four, actually.."

Aww, Roman was noticing my body! Only, not positively... Well, we could work on that. I stood up shakily, dusted off my small behind, and ran my hand through my hair.

"Okay, you buying?" Its not like I have money to spare. Rome and Gerardo exchanged grins and Roman scooped me into his warm, muscular arms, and laughingly carried me the next street over to his house. His mother looked at me strangley.

"Quien es la nina linda?"

I blushed at her slight compliment, and answered back in perfect Spanish. She laughed, and invited me to eat an early breakfast. Nodding and thanking her, I noticed how Roman moved with his mother in perfect harmony, and even helping her with the cooking and getting ingrediants for her. It was so sweet, but so...foriegn.

He turned to grin at me, and winked! As I wonder what that could possibly mean, Gerardo and Ms. DeSantiago placed huge plates of tortillas and frijoles and carne, along with some peppers. All thoughts of romance almost left my mind as I tore into this feast.