Chapter 11

I took another pull of the scotch and felt the cold liquor run down my throat. “I’m telling you honey, I don’t know why he hasn’t left you yet.” I clenched my jaw and inhaled deeply through my nose. My Aunt Megan was the love child of my grandmother’s affair and was only fifteen years my senior. She gloated at family events how she was the product of unadulterated so she might as well live in sin. She had a new boyfriend at every function, either dramatically younger or stiflingly older.

“It’s not like that Maggie.” I said using the pet name we had all grown up using.

“Maybe not with you virgins but I swear honey, once you’ve had a tasted of the cock there’s no going back.” She enlightened me taking another swig of the bottle she had been nursing.

“Now Megan I think that’s quite enough.” My mum scolded shaking her head in disgust. My mother was in her early fifties and traditional. She was my biggest role model and I prided myself in the fact that people often complimented our similarities.

“It’s not quite enough, the boy needs to hear this too.” She said shifting so she could address my baby brother. “You’re what, fourteen?” She asked.

“Seventeen, Aunt Mags.” He corrected and she snorted.

“Great.” She said waving her hand around. “So, once you find a girl you like you just get her on her knees and tell ‘er to suck it. If she swallows, she’s the one.” She cackled at the end of her statement and Brent flushed a deep crimson. “Don’t be like this frigid granny over here.”

I rolled my eyes and excused myself to go to the bathroom leaving my brother and aunt in hysterics and my mum to scold the both of them. I pulled out my phone and saw a few sweet messages from Harry. I called him without responding to them.

“I miss you.” I blurted and he laughed loudly.

“Well hello to you too baby.” I starred at my reflection in the mirror. I was tipsy from the strong alcohol needing something to take my mind off my deranged family. “I miss you more. How’s your family?”

“Ugh, you don’t even want to know.”

“That bad eh?”

“My aunt is giving me love advice. It’s ironic cause she can’t keep a boyfriend for longer than a month and is gonna hit menopause before she can bare any children.”

“What kind of advice?”

I mauled the thought of telling him the truth but knew it would just spark a conversation full of his suggestive banter. “Stupid advice. I wish you were here.”

“I’m not so good with families.” The sadness was etched in his voice and I desperately wanted to be with him. To hold him and comfort him.

“How is your gran?” I tried propping myself onto the counter and leaning against the mirror. I chewed my lip nervously not knowing if this was the right conversation to have over the phone.

“Not well.” He hesitated. “She wants me to visit, said that it was still her dying wish.”

“Harry,”

“Don’t start it Lo. Just, just have fun with your family.” He encouraged and I shut my eyes and leaned my head back on the cool smooth surface. “I can’t wait to see you again.”

My lips stretched into a smile at his affection. “What do you have planned?”

“Oh,” he said surprised yet seductively and I face palmed myself retracting my statement immediately. “If you wanted to have that kind of conversation over the phone you should of told me.” he smirked. I exhaled a breathy, nervous laugh before someone knocked on the door.