You Came Back (not mine)

"Dean?" Sam whispered. His brother mumbled something in his sleep but Sam couldn't understand. Sam quietly got out of bed and put on some clothes, all while trying not to wake his brother. He wouldn't understand. He wouldn't listen to Sam's reasons why they should form an alliance with the archangel.

Ever since that first time Sam saw Gabriel portraying a janitor, he had felt something. Something strong and deep. A feeling that flared in his chest and made his heart beat faster. He hadn't felt this way since Jess. Maybe not even with her.

Sam began to think about Jessica as he started up the Impala, praying Dean wouldn't hear. He prayed that Gabriel was still there and that the fire had not gone cold. Of course, no one bothered to hear his prayers.

When he arrived to the barn it was empty. Depressingly empty. Sam held back the tears that threatened to spill onto his cheeks and instead cleared his throat and looked around the barn again, just to make sure. Dark, cold, and empty. He turned, looking back over his shoulder, and went outside.

"You came back."

He snapped his head up. Gabriel was leaning against the Impala, arms crossed and a mischievous smirk on his face. "I-yeah," Sam shrugged. There was no other way to put it. He had come back.

"Why? Were you hoping to kill me because, that never works out for you Sammy." His voice was cold.

"I don't want you dead." Gabriel walked forward, confident and smirking once again.

"An...alliance, then?"

"Sure, if that's what you want to call it." Gabriel's cockiness was rubbing off on Sam. "I would call it a date." Gabriel was surprised, a look Sam hadn't seen before.

"A date?" Gabriel had a confused look on his face. "You want to go on a date with me? But...I'm-"

"Short? Yes I know." Sam smiled. Gabriel looked at him with soft eyes. Another sight Sam had not seen. Gabriel snickered.

"You know what they say about short guys?"

"What?"

"What we lack in height, we more than make up for in passion."

"I've never heard tha-oh." Gabriel was suddenly in front of Sam, arms wrapped tightly around his neck. He was slightly on his tippy-toes. Sam leaned down and their lips met. Something shot through Sam. Passion? Love? A bullet? He didn't know but whatever it was, he never wanted it to stop. (But if it was a bullet he probably would). "Gabriel." he whispered in a low husky voice and the archangel kissed him passionately.