Chapter 1-Arriving in Yorkville

So let me just start off by intruducing myself, my name is brooke lily, i am 16 years old, i just moved to Yorkville because my parents got jobs here. Some of my favorite things are reading, writing, singing, and cooking. My favorite colors are red and blue, my favorite food is macaroni and cheese, and my favorite book is the Maze runner.

My mom calls me downstairs right as i am about to unpack the last box from my used to be huge mountain of boxes. I tell her i will be right down and finish putting the last book on the shelf than i head downstairs. She asks me what i want for dinner and i reply "umm i saw a pizza place on the way here can we check it out?" She answers with "sure sweetie just come downstairs and find me when you are done unpacking and we will go check it out." So i finish putting the last few things i needed to put up and head back downstairs. I see mom looking for her keys and i look on the counter and find them i pick them up quietly and walk up behind her. "Looking for these mom?" She looks at me with relief and says "thank god you found my keys i was looking all over for them." We both head out to the car after making sure the door.is locked and than we start the car and head out to find the pizza place. After a while of driving around and looking for the pizza place i look up a small hill and finally see it. I get moms attention and say "mom look, i found it, finally." We both exhale in delight seeming as we are both starving and were beginning to lose hope in finding it. We park and go inside and eat and after we are both so full we can hardly walk we get back in the car and go back home because we are both starting to realize that it is very late. We get home and get situated for the night and i am about to go upstairs and go to sleep when my mom calls for me to come sit down on the couch and talk to her for a minute. I go and sit down on the couch and look at mom and ask "what do we need to talk about?" She asks how i feel the day went and i tell her it went fine and that it was fun and than i ask her if i can to bed because i need my sleep and she says "yes sweetie you can, goodnight, i love you." I reply with "goodnight mom i love you too, see you in the morning." Than i go upstairs into my room and lay down in my bed and get comfortable. I than drift off into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning i wake up around 10:30am and go downstairs to make myself breakfast, i look on the cupboard for cereal and i immediately see fruit loops, my all time favorite cereal so i grab a spoon and a bowl and the milk out of the fridge and make myself a bowl than i sit down at the kitchen table and enjoy my breakfast. I than go and start getting ready because my mom said we are going to go shopping for new clothes for when school starts seeing as it starts next month. After brushing my hair and putting it in a bun and brushing my teeth i go upstairs and pick an outfit for today which consists of skinny jeans with rips in them and a britain flag tank top along with my black leather jacket and my black combat boots. I grab my phone and headphones and head downstairs and ask mom if she is ready to go, she answers with a "yea sure lets get going." We both get in the car and than off we go to find clothes for school. We get to a huge mall that has every store you can think of, Abercrombie, claires,american eagle and many more. We go inside and i immediately start walking towards american eagle because that is where i get alot of my shirts and hoodies. I start looking around and i see a maroon hoodie for $5 so i put it in the cart my mom grabbed when she walked in, i also grab 2 crop tops, 5 pairs of skinny jeans, 4 pairs of sweat pants, 1 pair of black converse and last i grab a pair of grey vans. I find my mom and tell her i am ready to check out so we go and check out. Afterwards we are both getting hungry so we go to the food court and eat and than get back in the car and head home. We get home i grab my many many bags of clothes, shoes and accessories than i head up to my room to sort and put them all away. I get up the stairs and collapse on my bed from all the weight i say to myself "why did i get so many things, this i going to take forever to sort and put away." I start by folding and sorting all my clothes by what they are and than i put each pile in its designated area in my dresser. I than take my shoes and put them next to my closet door. After that i hang all of my accessories on my little necklace and jewlery holder i have on my desk. After that i look at the time and it is already 10:30 so i decide that i should go take a shower and get ready for bed because i have school tommorow. I get all of those things done and lay down and fall asleep wondering what my first day at this school will be like.