Chapter 1: 4 years ago...

WARNING: NOT EDITED!!

So hey everyone there, thank you for giving this book a chance I hope you guys enjoy this story. The beginning is a little darkish kind but it will be better if you keep reading. If names of people or places are the same, it is all coincidental- I am no stalker. I would thank you all if you could kindly not put any hate or rude comments up. Don't waste you time if you don't like it then don't read it. Also DO NOT COPY, I will liget hunt you down I got eyes you know... Now read... :)

- lv, H>G

***

Chapter 1: 4 Years Ago...

I tightened by hands around my bag as I ran behind a tree, my eyes were sharp as they wandered around the forest for any existent people. My breathing was calm but my heart was beating wildly as I turned in circles to find anyone. ~Crunch Crunch~ I looked around even faster, my breathing was starting to become uneven, I blinked and then suddenly my dizzy body and head gave in, hitting hard onto the floor. Pain rushed up my arm as I landed on it, my eyes were dizzy and blurry. Blinking a few times I saw a blurriness of a pair of boots, I closed my eyes and became more aware of my surroundings.

"YOU CAN NEVER PASS THE TEST, YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO YOUR BROTHER, YOU ARE A FAILURE" he sighed and walked off, dropping the knife.

I failed.. again. I will have to try again tomorrow, and keep on trying until I succeed. I closed my eyes and laid on the leaves, as his words repeated in my mind...failure...nothing....never... I stood up angry and determined as I picked up the knife and ran towards him. Instantly he turned around and blocked my body, attempting to grab my wrist and throw me on the ground, but I was ready more than ever. I ducked and used my legs and swinged at him, throwing him off onto the ground. But he used his hands to stop himself from falling and kicked me hard in the stomach, giving me a blow. Recovering quickly I grabbed his arm and flinged it around his own neck pressing my knife near his throat, so he couldn't move.

"Hmmm, good" he said.

I let go and dropped the knife, smiling. I had passed the test according to his knowing smile on his face. Suddenly I remembered his reason, why he was doing this. Anger consumed me as I pushed past him and ran. I was tricked... again. I promised myself I would never fall for his tricks again, but I had failed. I heard his laughter throughout the forest, tears welled up in my eyes as I continued to run.

I didn't want to be like them, I wish I was never one of them, but I could never choose fate.

***

Days Later...

Lowing my head as it hide behind my hoodie, I walked into school. I could hear the whispers and looks about me.

"Ewww, what is Shadow doing here, I thought she died" A girl said

"Hahaha, isn't her name Cherry, she tried to change it. It doesn't even suit her" Another said.

"Oh, her name should be death, or go die" A boy said loudly.

"I wonder what her ugly face looks like" Queen Bee says smugly

They all laughed along with others listening in the crowd. At the corner of my eye I saw a boy Queen be attempting to rip my hoodie off, resulting me grabbing her wrist and crushing down so hard you heard a 'crack'. Suddenly she started yelling and crying.

"Someone help me, this freak just broke my wrist"

I rolled my eyes and continued walking, I didn't even use any force, let alone break her wrist. I just slightly disjointed it. I suddenly stopped, as horror washed over my face, what have I done, I promised not to be like them, what have I done.

~Ring, Ring~

School is finally finished, or should I say hell... no I already live in hell. Walking home on my usual route, I listen and look out for anybody following me, finding none I walked into the forest, fast and quiet. Into the deepest part of the forest was my crappy but safe home. I walked down the stone hidden stairs and into a cave like home. Grabbing my skull key I opened the door, quietly as possible.

I walked in only to be welcomed with silence and emptiness. When I walked in I found everything gone, all clothes, books and furniture everything but two small luggages in the middle of the room with a note. I started blankly for a second before walking inside and picked up the note, I opened it to read her writing in a hurried messy handwriting:

To Shadow:

We have left, all three of us. I wished you were like us and enjoy the job but obviously you took no interest so we decided to send you off to live with one of my trusted rival. She'll be your guardian and give you the money you will need. We have left for a reason you do not need to know. We have taught you enough and now we have business to get to.

After you finish reading, burn the paper don't throw it in the bin or keep it, the lighter is next to the luggages. The clothes are all neatly folded and some other stuff you own. Money will be given to you soon. Once you step out the door, there is a small red button near the knob press it and run, there is only 5 seconds before it explodes. We cannot risk any evidence, and don't dare tell anyone, I warn you.

Trust me, we will meet in 6 years time from now, we will find you no matter where you are even if you are over the moon. That is a definite promise, be safe.

Love him,her& brother

Good luck

P.S Don't find us...

I blankly stared at the paper for a few more seconds before grabbing the lighter and putting it on fire. I pulled luggages and walked out the door, doing her instructions I watched from afar at the so called home I have been living in for 12 years, gone. Now was it, now I finally had a chance to be away into freedom for 6 years with my so called Guardian.

I had to keep it a secret, or I will be killed, no matter how much I beg not to. I build my icy cold walls, and promising no tears will fall. My whole cover shall be changed into a whole new different person. ONly for 6 years, I have, I have to treasure every minute before they come back, and at that time I knew there will be no options of life ahead unless I became one of them.

***

Hope you liked it, its only a dark beginning, so the romance has not come in yet, but because its the holidays I will try to update as much as I can. Hope you enjoyed. Keep reading, the first few chapters are dark cause its her past, but keep reading it gets better.

Lv H>G