The Griffin

It took me a long time to come up with a plan, but I eventually found one. And by found, I mean that an idiot had came up with a plan and that was the only one that had a slight chance of working.

And by idiot, I mean idiot.

"We're here", the taxi driver says.
I pay him and slide out of the car. Shutting the car door, I look over the top of the car to see Kyle getting out as well. Also known as the idiot. A.k.a. Sleepy Stan. We walk around the corner and down a few streets to get to the hotel.

"Are you sure this is the place?", I ask him.
"Yeah. I'm pretty sure whoever you're meeting here didn't plan on going to the Walter Burley Griffin society or a really fancy restaurant that has lots of cctv cameras", Kyle says.
"You're saying this place doesn't have cctv cameras", I point out.

"They don't in certain parts of the club. In the actual hotel, of course they do. All nice hotels do", Sleep Stan informs me.
I keep a note of that for future reference. I pull Sleepy Stan down a small alley before we would be getting to the hotel.
"Ooh, Devon. I'm sorry, but you're not my type", he says, and I hit him on the arm.
"Ooh, feisty!".

I take my bag off my back and search through it. Finding the wig, I place it on my head and fix it so no one will be able to see my blonde hair underneath. It's the same wig that I wore only days ago at that club with the guy who called himself Austin Powers.

I take these horrible high heels out of my bag and take my old trainers off my feet, swapping them for a painful foot night.

Almost ready, I take the large coat off to reveal this skanky slut outfit that I really want to barf on. But I don't. I have to do this.
"Oh, honey. You need these", Stan says, holding out two jelly bags. Oh god. They're what I think they are, aren't they?

"Hell no", I say.

"Do you want the guy to notice you?", he asks me.
"Hey, it could be a woman", I argue.
"Of course. Maybe she's a lesbian. And if not, she'd have at least one friend with her that's a man. And you can use these to your advantage", Stan waves the jelly things in his hands.

"Okay. Okay", I say, grabbing the damn jelly things off him and turning away from him to sort myself out.
"One last question. What if they throw me out? Do they throw people in the garbage bins like in movies?", I ask him.
"I'm not so sure. But if they do, and you can't get out, hey, you could eat the jelly things. And pray it's strawberry flavoured", he says.

"Why strawberry?".
"Because that's the best flavour of course!", he says.
............

I'm set up with equipment. An ear piece. A button camera. And a shot gun hidden under my dress.
"Remember what I taught you", I tell him, taking out my laptop. He sits on the ground and nods.
"Yep. I remember. Go, and remember to act like a whore", Stan says. I turn away from him and walk away, towards the hotel.

When I reach the hotel, I notice how nice it looks. Better than any I've stayed in. Way better. Apparently, the entrance to the club is around the back, so I walk around until I see a black door.

It's open and a bouncer is standing right in the way of it. Only a few people are lined outside now. It's quite dark now and I can't even hear a single noise coming from inside. Maybe Stan was wrong. Maybe this isn't what the person meant by the griffin.

I stand in line anyway and wait. People go in and some are refused passage and walk away. When I'm at the front of the line, I bend one knee a little bit and jut my hip out. The bouncer raises an eyebrow.

"Is that all you've got?", Stan says through my ear, laughing at me.
"Are you on the list?", he asks me. What the hell do I say to that?
"No. But you're on my list", I say, walking closer to him. Hopefully seductively.
"Go home, you sad whore", the bouncer says, and I stop. What the hell did he just call me?