There There

Over the week, Kerry and the others avoid me, and some glare at me whenever they can. In short: they hate me. I can't say I blame them. If they walked off on my friend when he/she was hurt and needed them there to help them, I would be pissed too. Especially if they didn't give me an answer as to why they left.

But, I don't really have a friend so I wouldn't know how pissed they are. Unless you count Stan. Not really a person I would consider being friends with, but here we are.
"...so if you ever want to release that sexual frustration, I could hook you up", he says.
I ignore him, like usual, continuing to walk to the front doors of the school building.

Two people walk passed us. One skinny and around 5"8, and the other, over 6 foot and on the big side. The smaller of the two is wearing an old band top that he wore once when he was 15 for a month because he wanted to show his devotion to being a fan of that band.

Maybe I am underestimating Stan. Maybe he is a better friend than some.
"...now, this one prefers to be called 'Domidick' and he normally does threesomes with Wet Willow. I'm not sure what your sexual preference is, but if you want, I could ask him if he could go solo on this one...", he continues.

Never mind.

I make my way to my locker which is nine down from Stan's. Looking across the corridor and further down, I can see Kerry and the others speaking to those two idiots. Are they friends? Really?! Do they not remember Big Ed and Steve threatening them at the beach last year? They had weapons on them and they don't just talk the talk! They had weapons!

They are horrible people who would betray you, stab you in the back, if it meant their lives weren't at risk.

"So do you want me to make the phone call?", Stan asks.
I look to my side and see him there. I look back to Kerry and the others with those two back-stabbers. I need to warn them.

"Are you okay? You aren't in Devonville, are you?", Stan asks, waving a hand in front of my face.
I walk over to Kerry and the others. Georgia sees me first and taps Kerry's shoulder. They all turn on me.
"What do you want?", Kerry asks me, folding her arms over her chest.
"You're hanging around with them?", I ask, pointing at Steve and Big Ed.
"Yeah. What's it to you?", Ryan asks me in a cold tone.

"You shouldn't be hanging around with them. They'll stab you in the back!", I tell them.
"Like you did?", Kerry asks me.
"Well, yes. But no. They'll stab you in the back, metaphorically and literally!", I tell them.
"Steve and Ed are great friends! Unlike you!", Rachael spits.
Ow.

"Glasses again? You know what? I don't blame those people for punching you. You deserve it!", Megan says.
"I didn't come over here to be yelled at. I came here to warn you. These two are worse than me!", I try to tell them.
"Just go. It's what you do best", Kerry says.

I look to Steve and Big Ed. They are both giving me sorry looks. Sorry, my ass! They're only sorry because they're now in my school and they know I'll get revenge. I walk away.
.............

Mrs Graham keeps giving me pity glances and looks. She keeps asking me how I'm doing. And it's driving me insane!
That's when the door opens and in comes the two back-stabbers.
"You two are late to my class", Mrs Graham says in an oddly irritated voice.

I can't stay in the same room as them. They helped kill my dad! My dad!! And now, who knows what they're planning to do here at this school! They sit down in two seats a couple rows in front of me. I feel sick. She gets us started on another task and I try to get through it, to not think of anything but what I'm doing right now. Writing. Reading. Scanning. Skimming. Scanning. Reading. Writing.

Sitting two rows behind the people who helped kill my dad.

"Devon", Mrs Graham says, placing a hand on my shoulder. Her bushy eyebrows wriggle down a little to show her concern as well as those stupid eyes. Her mouth is in a slight frown. And I can't deal with this crap. With this bullshît. I can't.
"Are you okay?", she asks me.
...