1

"Tyler?" Josh muttered quietly to the sleeping mass beside him. The lump shook at the sound of it's name and grumbled quietly. It wasn't abnormal for the two to sleep in the same hotel bed during a tour.
"What is it, Josh?" Tyler replied, his voice scratchy from the long, comfortable sleep he had before Josh had woke him.
"You sound like an alien when you wake up." Josh joked.
"You look like one." Tyler sleepily retorted.
There was a long period of silence before Josh continued the conversation, moving his arm hesitantly toward Tyler's frail torso.

"Tyler...I..."
"Tyler, I love you."
Tyler heard his confession and rolled onto his other side to face Josh.
Josh stared deeply into Tyler's dark, dim eyes. His face looked so soft to touch and his lips danced as he spoke, even breaking into a complete frenzy when he would sing.
"Of course you do. We are best friends after all, you dumb."
Josh took a hard swallow. He didn't mean it the way Tyler was wording it.
"No Ty, I.."
He wrapped his arm around his bandmate and pulled him closer.
Tyler was completely bewildered.
"I love, like...I'm in love with you."

BEEP BEEP BEEP
Josh's eyes sprung open as the alarm clock next to him sang the usual morning "melody".