2

Josh's eyes winced sleepily as he waited for Tyler to arrive. The two were ready to start creating songs for an untitled album, but Tyler's lateness always drove Josh into an early morning daze. Trying to keep himself awake, he had made coffee and took small sips to elude himself into a comfortable conformity of sleepless saturninity. He was fixated on the dream he had dreamt the night before. The dreamily created touch of Tyler's rib cage under his silk-like skin still made Josh bite his tongue.
He could not decide why he had let his mind wander into a dream so awkward, so strange. Tyler was his best friend, after all.

He let out a large sigh and scratched his head , fingering his dyed hair.

He glared at the the clock on the wall. It read 8:45 AM, almost an hour after the practice began.
"What a nerd." Josh commented on Tyler's absence.

Around 9:05 AM, Tyler barged in carrying his ukulele and a redeeming smile. Tyler did not have to knock. It was an obvious ritual.

Josh solemnly flicked his eyes away from his charismatic gestures and walk as Tyler approached the couch and sat down next to his pal.

"Hey Josh, my man." Tyler went to go receive a high five. Josh gave him one being unnoticeably hestiant, swallowing his pride and deciding to try and act unbothered by his thoughts.

"What took you so long today, Ty?" Josh smiled sincerely at his friend. He poked his side and Tyler let out a small laugh which made Josh feel comfortable and relaxed.

"Jenna called me. I wanted to get some time in to talk to her, you know?"

Josh could feel his heart slowly sinking. Right, Jenna...
Tyler was completely infatuated with Jenna and he knew she felt exactly the same about Tyler. Tyler would talk to Jenna a lot. He didn't know why he was just starting to feel a prick of jealousy.

Tyler looked down at the cup Josh clasped in his hands.
"Do you have any for me, Jishy?" Tyler fell back on the couch and put his feet up onto Josh's lap, teasing him playfully.
It was .

"Of course, Mr. Joseph." Josh sarcastically replied, pushing the feet off of him and getting up to make Tyler a cup.

As Josh poured a very small amount of milk into Tyler's coffee, he could see Tyler staring off into space, engulfed in his own island of thought. Tyler could explore the vast oceans of his mind for hours and hours on end. Josh knew Tyler could turn his negative clusters into imaginative melodies. He admired him for it. However, thinking can eat anyone up and spit them back out.
The mind is a dangerous thing.

Josh quickly wandered over to Tyler, holding the coffee cup over his head. Tyler's eyes were completely shut and he was laying like a plank in water.
Tyler hummed a zen-like tune.
"This coffee has too little sugaaaar." He grabbed the cup and raised his head to take a sip, keeping his eyes closed still in this frivolous process. He then flicked his left foot around rhythmically and raised his body up.

"I have a couple lines for a new song. It sounds sick as frick." Tyler contently boasted.

"And I've got nothing." Josh replied, giving Tyler a half smile and looking at Tyler's lips drinking from the cup simultaneously.

"Dude, dude, dude," He chimed again. He raised himself off the couch and went to Josh, their coffees facing each other.

He got close to Josh, close enough to make Josh feel a little uncomfortable. As Tyler approached him, he felt his heart skip a beat and become light and anticipating.

"We are...coffee buds." Tyler smiled, budding his cup onto Josh's.

"Coffee buds."

"Buds Coffee."

"Bros who love coffee and each other." Josh awkwardly threw out to Tyler's rambling.

"Just bros being dudes."

"Yeah."