Chapter 3- Chasing Daydreams

Author's note

In the last chapter they and them refers to the New Ghoul and will in future chapters till I want you to know the name of our mysterious ghoul of the twentieth ward.

Chapter song- Can you Feel My Heart by Bring Me the Horizon

New Ghoul POV

I was pretending to be sane. I wasn't really. I was going to eat him. Make him feel bad come and help me then devour him. Everything I said was a lie. I haven't eaten in a month in a half and I needed food. I can kill for food. I will but not him. I owe him for trying to eat his girlfriend. I would feel bad and maybe for real kill myself if they left me. I couldn't do it. I had to fight myself, my instinct to kill.

The air rushing around me feels great. What a peaceful way to die. I wouldn't mind it. I clear my mind and prepare to see if ghouls even go to heaven. Then Nishiki grabs my waist and yanks me up towards the building.

I snap out of my murderous rampage finally  and see the ground getting smaller and smaller. He is saving me.

"Godamn, I cant hold them for much longer. My kagune, its snapping. I'm sorry. I would wish you goodbye if I knew your name. But that's the way life works."

He chuckles and hugs me tighter and lifts me towards the sky. He is going to try to save me. Not on my watch you lousy excuse for a hero.

I get my kagune and make one blade grab onto him and the other slithers up his kagune.

"Please tell me your sane. God, your sane right?"

I look at him with compassionate eyes and change eyes.

"You wish."

"Oh fuck no!"

He starts to freak out and I change them back.

"Just kidding! Man your easy to prank."

"You almost tried to kill me then you jumped off a building. I'm not really in the mood to joke the fuck around."

"Damn, well I am."

I smile the happiest smile I've had in a while and see my kagune has reached the top. I pull us up without any problems and we land on the roof.

"How the hell did you pull us up so easily?"

"Well I'm not a total bitch like you."

"I was going to pull us up. I was waiting for the right time. I'm all about spicing things up."

I smirk and stare dead into his eyes.

"Then what was all that 'My kagune, its snapping.I would wish you goodbye if I knew youre name' crap up there?"

Nishiki blushes and turns away probably feeling stupid. I would too. But it is somewhat cute.

"I'm a good actor."

I chuckle and he looks back at me sill blushing a little.

"Anyway can you take your mask off. I don't know your name or your face."

"Ok slow down. I will not tell you anything. You may have saved my life but I don't know you and only very few people see me without my mask."