The Wizard

"Do not worry, Melanie. I want you to smile."

Easy to say, hard to be done. We are standing in front of the pilot's dear friend, a Wizard named Beledith. The strange name means fighter in the wizard language. Wizards, witches, vampires, werewolves and many other magical creatures speak it. I don't. I know a little about it, but I can't speak it. 

"So, your friend wants to be a human again, am I correct?" Beledith asked.

"It was my wish. Melanie agreed with it, because she missed her human form."

"I understand. Melanie, are you absolutely sure. Form-changing spells are done at a high risk. You may be stuck in your wolf or human form forever."

I nodded my head slightly, as if saying "I understand" .

"Good."

Beledith brought a large book, which was full of form-changing spells. Once she found the right spell, she looked at me for a moment through her reading glasses and then focused on reading the spell. It was in wizard language. I  understood most of the words, but some of them were new to me. Right after she finished reading, I could feel changes happening. After some time, my snout was a normal human nose, my long ears disappeared and I cold walk on two legs again. Indeed, it felt strange, but there was something more, I just couldn't tell what it was.

"Izdrimaiette?" Asked the pilot.

"Zendrei naimen ezmeindeitte."

"Is something wrong, Beledith?" I asked

"Could you wait here for a moment?"

"We don't have to be anywhere, so we can wait."

Beledith disappeared into a small room at the back of the shop. I want to know what they were talking about.

"What did you talk about?"

"I asked her if something was wrong. She said she didn't know."

"I see. What are we going to do here?"

"Where?"

"In this village. We already came here, it wouldn't hurt to look around a bit, would it?"

"I guess not."

"Melanie. I think that the spell went wrong."

"Did you read it wrong, Beledith?"

"No, I didn't. You said that you made a wish to become a wolf?"

"I did, why do you ask?"

"I believe, that your wish was so strong, that the spell could only change you partly."

"I am partly a human. What or who is the other part?"

"I have pretty good reasons to believe that you are a werewolf now."

"Are you saying, that I have to howl to the moon and kill people?"

"I don't know yet, but I am going to do some research. Please, stay on guard. Now that you are a werewolf, you will have a lot of new enemies."

"I will. Thank you, Beledith."

We talked far a while and left her by herself then. Tristan was concerned and worried. I told him that I was fine, but he didn't listen. He was just like a selfish dog: doing all kinds of tricks until his master couldn't take it. Then his attitude changed and he did everything he could to comfort his master. Although, he never admitted that he was the guilty one.

The small village, Theirian, is filled with cozy shops, restaurants, and a school. All children study The History of Great Wizards and Element-Elves, they improve their skills in fighting every day and they sleep in the school.

There are many kinds of Elemental-Elves. There are four Elves, respected more than others. They are called the Main Elemental-Elves: King of Fire, Queen of Water, Queen of Earth and King of Air. Only the sons and daughters of previous Main Elemental-Elves can be next Kings and Queens. They are the most powerful Elves in the world of Elves, humans and magical creatures. There are many other high-ranked elves too, but I don't know much about them. I read a book about them once, but I have forgotten most of it.

"Tristan, what kind of werewolf do you believe I am?"

"Beautiful, smart and strong."

"Tristan! I mean it!"'

"Well, that's for Beledith to find out, don't you think so?"

"I guess. I just hope that I won't be the one who kills everybody."

"Trust me, you have a good heart. I don't believe that you could kill."

"Then you don't know a lot about me."

"Have you ever killed someone?"

There was a long silence between us. I knew that I wasn't ready to tell him the whole story. I don't want him to see me as a monster who killed her own best friend and greatest pack warrior. I want him to be the way he is and us to be the way we are. I've been having a good time and I don't want it to change. He deserves to know, but how am I going to tell him?

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"I have killed someone."

"I see." He said. "Well, life goes on, and to be honest, I don't know anyone who hasn't killed anybody in his life."

"I think this is going to be my motto."

"That is already my motto, you'll have to find another."