Chapter 3

Jenna's POV:

It was now nighttime. LA is still alive at night, which I love. But man, I am HUNGRY! Of course I couldn't eat the Subway I had ordered because I have no money. So the question is, how can I eat without money? Great.

There was a crowd blocking my way down the sidewalk, so I decided to turn down the alley and go the long way to the bus stop. If I ride on the bus long enough, it should be a good place to get some sleep. As I walk down the eerie alley, I begin to hear a noise. A weird screechy noise... Where is that coming from? All of a sudden a drunk looking man and his just as drunken friend appear in front of me.

"Whyyy hellooo." One man said with a drunken smile.

I gulp and try to move past him, but he moves in front of me. "And where do you think you're going?" His friend asks, from behind me.

I'm surrounded. Crap. One man grabs onto my waist, "You're a pretty girl, aren't you."

"Let go of me." I say, struggling to get out if his grasp.

"Oh you aren't going anywhere." His friend says and leads me towards a white van. OMG. Are they fucking kidnapping me? Wait, this can't be real.

"LET ME GO!!" I yell, until a hand is put over my mouth making me unheard.

This is not happening. I just escaped my dunk, abusive father, and now some drunk, abusive strangers are trying to take me god knows where. At this point, I am hopelessly crying. So much for holding onto hope. Then, something happened. Because I was released from the crazy man's grip. What...?

Then I am grabbed by my waist and whoever was holding me was now running away from the alley. Crap. This is it. I'm too young to die, holy shit. I scream. At that moment I was set onto the sidewalk and I see who had carried me here. It's Ross from the park.

"Jenna, oh my god, are you okay?!" Ross asks panicking. He was sweating and I saw blood dripping from his head.

I catch my breath, "Yeah... I think so... You.. You saved me."

Ross breathes a sigh of a relief. "Yeah I was walking down the sidewalk when I heard a muffled scream. When I went to check it out, it was you. So I wacked those 2 guys with a beer bottle I found on the ground. I'm just glad you're okay." He said.

"Ross I don't know what to say... Thank you so much." I hug him. All of a sudden I felt all awkward and finished the hug quickly. Ross smiled. I changed the subject, "You're uh, bleeding."

Ross looks confused, "What?"

"You're head, it's bleeding." I say. I take off my sweatshirt and start dabbing the blood away from his wound. "Here. This should do it for now."

Ross looks at his feet and grins. "Thanks. So, what were you doing in that alley way anyways?" Ross asks.

"Ummm... I don't exactly have anywhere else to go." I said.

Ross's smile fades, "Wait, you mean you don't have a place to stay?"

I nod my head, looking at the ground. This is so embarrassing. I am basically telling him that I am homeless.

"You are coming home with me and my family." Ross states. I give him a weird look. "Oh don't worry, not like that. I swear you will love my family. And there is no way I'm letting you sleep on the streets of Los Angeles. Especially after what just happened." Ross says.

I smile and look into Ross's eyes. "Thank you." I say.

Ross stares right back into my eyes. "Of course." He replies. "Now let's go find my family."

Hiiii!! Yay! Everything is falling into place for Jenna. At least for now...

Please vote and comment because it would mean the world to me. And if you are new to my story, please feel free to add my story to your library for more!

Love you all!

Mackenzie