That Night

I'm a 23 year old that doesn't have anything or anyone. No family, no friends, not even a job ...yet. Until one dreadful night when everything changed for me for the better or worse. Soon later the only thing I saw was the color red nothing else, nothing that could save me  except for the hope of being able to be with him. He was my only hope, the only reason why I didn't run away from all the red.

2 months earlier 

Yes, I'm young. Younger than expected to graduate from college but with my situation what else can I do other than study all the time. It amazes me how far I have come just by myself. From now on I'm a doctor, I'm not a little kid dreaming anymore.

As I celebrate on my own I decided to go to a night club. It's not like I want to go and have a one night stand. No I'm not like those other girls. I'm just going because I want to, there's no law saying I can't. I'm getting this feeling that I should go, as if something or someone was going to be expecting me, Yeah right who am I kidding? I'm a nobody, I'm just happy I finally graduated. Well I can't say I'm happy, I'm just glad. The last time I was happy was 10 years ago, before everyone I loved died. When I was 13, ten years ago both my parents died.

It was just a simple normal weekend while I was alone doing homework, until the police showed up and gave me the news. The two older men in suits told me that my parents had been attacked by something or someone, they weren't sure.

"At the investigation site we only found puncture wounds on your mother's neck and claw marks on your father's chest. We did not find anything else. We feel terribly sorry telling a twelve year old something like this but it's the truth."

Once the men had left I closed the door and immediately lost every ounce of living. I cried all night, wishing that it was only a nightmare and not the ugly truth. The world went on except for me. As the law stated I had to move in with some other family. I didn't want to but I had no other choice. Later after I moved in with my aunt and uncle. They took care of me but it didn't comfort the loss I felt on the inside. The pain of losing my parents stuck with me, but I started to lose that feeling. Five years after moving in with my aunt and uncle, they died. Just like my parents. The same punctured wounds on my aunt and same claw marks on my uncle. I was eighteen by then and I decided to cut all ties with my other family. I never made friends after that either, I thought I would bring them bad luck....... or death. As a matter of fact nothing happened after that. That was five years ago. I still think about it but not as much as I used to.

"Hello miss, are you going in?"

Because of my flashbacks I didn't realize I was already at the Blue Hill Night Club.

"Huh oh yes, sorry." I said to the usher of the night club.

I walked into the extremely lite nightclub. One step inside the door and I saw everything unimaginable. There was techno music playing to the point where my ear drums where screaming for mercy. People grinding on each other, and couples on tables dancing completely on each other. I probably picked the wrong night club to come to. I started dancing by myself going to the rhythm of the music. I closed my eyes for a second and before I knew it there were two firm hands on my hips from behind. I froze completely.