Annoyingly Awkward

Arthur Jensen

It was 6:37 and still no sign of Mackenzie.

I was totally sure she said 6 o'clock at my place. That inconsiderate, stupid girl...

I made sure the house was reason-ability clean, I made snacks and scheduled what I was going to teach her. Well that schedule can go straight into the trash because it was made if she came on time. My parents were out on date night, it just gross thinking on it. .

I huffed and plopped on my bed screaming into the pillow. My glasses pressed against my face scratching my nose. It felt like steam was going to burst right out of ears. Why was she so frustrating?! The more I thought about it, the more I wanted Toby by my side. He was always good with girls, but had his heart set on set on Annabelle the school's sweetheart. She was a half Asian like Toby. She was great person, a good candidate to fancy. If it weren't for Makayla, I would have gone for Annabelle as well.

Then, a minute later the beautiful sound of the doorbell rang that disturb me from my thoughts. She better have a good reason for making me wait this long... Urggggg...

My house was as quiet as anything had gotten. Honestly I was nervous, I've never invited a girl here, besides family. I walked down the stairs carefully, and opened the door. There she was... In sweat pants and a sports bra... Only a sports bra. I couldn't help but stare at her. I gulped as she snapped right in front of my face.

"Awkward, eyes up here buddy." She smiled.

Oh no, she didn't. She did not have the audacity to smile. She was late, I was prepared.

"You." I said sending daggers at her with my eyes and pointing my finger in front of her face.

"Me?" She said mocking innocence.

"YES YOU! YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE WHY YOU'RE LATE!" I yelled waving my arms crazily in the air.

"Whoa, don't go all cray-cray on me." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"And would you please put a shirt on?" I said putting a hand on my forehead sighing. My stress level went to cute pig rolling in the mud to a pig running away from a crazy butcher...

"Ohwwww, awkward you are so naïve and innocent." She said pinching my cheek but I squirmed away from her touch.

"So why are you late?" I said scrunching me face in anger.

"Oh that... I feel asleep." She yawned and looked at me like it was no big deal.

"YOU FEEL ASLEEP!" I yelled. Gurl, you feel asleep. WHILE I WAS WAITING TO TEACH YOU!

"Yup. That's what I said." She smiled pushing me aside going in my house.

"Sure just come in! Make yourself at home, sure EAT ALL MY FOOD WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!" I said frustrated. I wanted to punch things. Maybe I could take that baseball bat out of the closet. Just one swing... one swing...

It doesn't count as murder unless they find the body right? No, no, no what am I saying... I can do much worse.

"Awkward! Dude your bedroom is so lame!" She yelled.

How did she get up there so fast? I ran as fast as my skinny, out of shape legs could carry me. I ripped the door open out of breath.

"Who said you could come in me room?" I said as I clenched my teeth.

"You look like some constipated sheep when you're angry." She said casually leaning against my desk.

"I do not. And my room is not lame."