Extremely awkward

I made countless excuses this whole week to get out of the house while Sebastian was visiting. Mackenzie also made many excuses not to make any contact with her sister or Parker himself. Avoiding the problem probably wasn't the best idea, but it was an easy one.

Mackenzie was awfully angry and when I thought she would be back she just got broken all over again. On a side note my crush on Makayla had died down. It was like the angel Makayla, had lost her halo. Just me thinking about it made me sick to my stomach. The whole day of class Mackenzie seemed to be playing on the down low leaving the school even duller. At least there was gossip about Parker with Makayla. Mackenzie had thrown two touchdowns on our home game. I couldn't make it but, it made me proud that she was still holding on strong.

I came home finding it empty and apparently they had gone to a fancy restaurant with Sebastian. Oh, no need to invite your other son... I was so tired today anyways I didn't seem to care. Eating a sandwich containing just Nutella, I went straight to bed. Homework had to wait...

I was hit hard ironically by a soft pillow. I grunted in respond turning on my stomach. Then it hit me... Who was doing this?

"Awkward..." The voice whispered yelled. Well that had answered all my questions.

I yelp and threw off the blanket. I took my glasses out to see if the blur of the person was really Mackenzie.

"What are you doing here?" I yawned looking at the window seeing that it was still dark outside. She just stood there looking at me sheepishly. She was biting her lip and her eyes had that pleading look in her eyes.

"I wanted to talk." She said like it was a good reason in her head, but out loud it sounded like a stupid one.

"Couldn't you wait for the morning?" I said rubbing my eyes.

"It's 1:35 and no..." She said shaking her head standing there. 1:35! Oh my goodness I should be sleeping I didn't have time for this. I began to open my mouth to argue but I was distracted by the sight Mackenzie she was looking out of the window.

That's probably how she had gotten in. She was wearing blue striped pajamas bottoms and a red sweater on top. She looked outside like it was the amazing view she'd had ever seen. Her eyes twinkling her breaths slow. Her lips turned into a smile.

"So what did you need to talk to me this early?" I said disrupting her gazing.

"I had a bad dream." She blurted out embarrassed. At that utter moment her voice seemed so innocent, like a child. A child who had a bad dream running to their parent's room to sleep with them. But her parents didn't seem very fond of her. She was still a little girl who needed to comforted, and it made me look at Parker differently. I was the replacement of 'Parker'.

The hugs, the talks... She needed a friend, and I just so happened to be it. Without Parker, Mackenzie wasn't herself. He was the one who took care of her so she could be careless pull pranks. Get in trouble, knowing somebody would catch her. She needed somebody who got her. First it hurt that she didn't like me for who I was, but who she imaged me to be. However, if it meant that she would be that idiot, demon Mackaroni, I would be willing to do anything.

"Oh." I replied not knowing what to do. All I knew was I would just go to my parents and sleep over knowing I was safe. Mackenzie was nothing like that. Her sibling hated her and Macalister wasn't even her brother. There was only one solution that I probably would regret later on.

"Why don't you sleep on the bed with me?" I said nervously. She quirked an eye brow, staring at me a grin shown on her face brightening up.

"Y-you sure..." She said hesitantly.