Chapter 1

Imogen's P.O.V.

"Any last words?" I ask, growing irritated and impatient.

"You piece of shi-" I didn't let the annoying man finish as I slit his throat with one of my silver daggers.

"Watch your fucking language." I mutter as his lifeless body crumbles to the ground.

First things first. I'm not some sadistic teen who roams the street looking for her next victim. No. I was sent to do this, it is my job after all. Besides these people deserve to die, so I don't feel much regret.

I am one of the very few assassins on this planet and when ever one of us is sent to 'rid of the being' it's usually because they are some mass murderer and kill for no reason, but in some cases it's because of a crime they committed.

Take this one for an example. I don't need to know much about them all I know is that his name i-was John Ives, the third in command of Autumn Wind Pack and that he stole one of the seven stones.

Our team will send his Alpha a message about the loss of his third in command. Everyone knows risk of taking one of the seven stones and the punishment of being caught.

I back away from the body and look around at my surroundings. I'm in some alleyway with nothing but an orangey glow emitting from the single street lamp and a dumpster that is clinging to the side of an abandoned building.

I quickly snatch the emerald gem from the calloused hands of the man and throw his decaying body in the dumpster with ease.

I would have left him out in the open to rot but we are near human area and I wouldn't want to cause troubled thoughts.

I tuck the stone safely in my pocket and go back to headquarters on my pitch black motorcycle. Not my first choice, I'm really a car kinda girl but I get places faster and easier with this bad boy.

So here's a mini version of the seven stones. One day an Angel fell from the heavens and landed here on earth. No one knows why the angel fell, just that it was dying. When it fell it had on a necklace, the chain consisted of what we call The Seven Stones.

The Angel's dying wish was that no superior supernatural creature should ever possess The Seven Stones along with the chain or something disastrous will happen. So the Angel entrusted the necklace with a creature she created.

A mynx.

She created 10 of them to protect the stones and over the years the mynxes formed with the way of life and had children who carried the responsibility of protecting the stones. But not everyone wanted that. Some mynxes didn't want the responsibility so they left to live their lives as a human with powers.

So, in order to keep the balance the mynxes allowed trusted, non-superior, supernatural creatures to help protect and we are called Assassin's all together.

I am a mynx.

Ok enough back story. I finally arrive at head quarters and greet William at the door. He nods at me in acknowledgment and let's me in the big iron doors.

I step inside and see Caitlyn sitting at the computers.

"Hey, I got it." I say tossing her the gleaming stone. She catches it without looking and I roll my eyes. Stupid werewolf speed.

"Good. I got another assignment and its confidential." She says wiggling her eyebrows while mine just scrunch together.

"What do you mean?" I ask, still confused.

"Your partner will explain it to you." She said while turning back to face the screen. My eyes immediately widen.

"Partner?!?!" I screech.

"Geez calm down. I know you like working alone but trust me you will need his help." She says while typing on the keyboard.

"Oh great it's a guy." I pout and try and find a way to get out of having to have a partner.

"Would you rather it be a girl." She smirked. I thought about how a girl could be dramatic and rude then I back tracked.

"Probably not." I grunted.

"Thought so. Oh and he's from Canada and should be arriving tomorrow." She adds.

I finally sighed in defeat when I knew it was best not to argue. I turned on my heels and exited out of headquarters without another word.

I hopped on my bike and revved the engine. I then took off down the gravel road and drove to my house where I would be receiving a new guest tomorrow. I crossed my fingers hoping for the best.

^}^ ------:::::::------;;;;;;;;------- ^}^

A/N

Ok so I have had this idea for a book for a while and finally decided to make it. I don't know if I should continue it because I have other books I need to focus on but if this book gets a lot of reads, votes, and comments I guarantee I will update.

Ps sorry if there are any grammatical errors.

Must get at least 10 votes to update 😊

Love
~ S.a.r.a.