Rehab Secrets

-JOSH'S POV-

She doesn't need to know yet. I run to my house. When I get there I run up my stairs and into my bedroom. I push my face into my pillow and close my eyes. I try to remember what happened...

*ONE MONTH EARLIER*

"Josh. I love you" Thalia Knight whispered as her fingers fit into mine.  

"I love you too Thalia" I whisper. I pull her in as she kisses me softly. "But I have a girlfriend... Kind of"  

"What? That Cassidy girl? You said she was your friend Josh!" 

"I know. I think we broke up." I say slowly. Thalia's blonde hair whips across her pale, narrow face. I stare into her eyes. They're a deep blue, she's beautiful. I love her, the way she smells of roses just like Cassidy. Their eyes are the same. Thalia and I walk hand in hand back to my wing of the rehabilitation clinic. We met at our first group meeting for Heroin and Pot addiction. Instantly I fell for her eyes.

*PRESENT*

Her eyes! I thrust the pillow away from my face and run full fledge towards Cassidy's house. When I bump into someone, we both fall. My head snaps back and hits the pavement. 

"Josh?" I look up and see Thalia standing above me, hand outstretched.  

"Thalia! Hi" I say nervously remembering I never told her I was leaving rehab.  

"When did you get out?" She asks sounding a bit upset as she helps me to my feet.  

"Uh... Today actually I was just on my way to see Cassidy"  

"Oh, have fun" she said with a nervous smile, next she takes a ball of my shirt and pulls me in. We kiss for several minutes, I ignore her hair in my face.  

"Josh?" A voice from behind me startles me. I pull away from Thalia who didn't hear the voice. I spin around.

-CASSIDY'S POV-

I just need to see Josh I feel horrible for the fight we had before he left. I began walking toward his house. When I see the unmistakable hair of Josh Ramsay.  

"Josh?" I ask. He pulls away from the girl he was kissing.  

"Oh, Cassidy th-" he starts. His face flushes with red.  

"Josh... Who's this?" Asks the girl 

"Oh.. Uh this is Cassidy, Cassidy this is Thalia. My... Girlfriend. I think?" He stammers. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes.  

"Then what am I josh?" I scream. "WHAT AM I?" 

"You're my best friend Cassidy!" He cries  

"So our kisses meant nothing? The I love yous meant nothing? The promises... Meant NOTHING?" I scream 

"Uh... Well josh and I-" Thalia starts 

"SHUT UP" I yell at Thalia. 

"I didn't... It was a mistake.. She kissed me" he says quietly 

"You... I... YOU'RE A DICK" I cry. I slam my fists into his chest and push him out of my way.  

"Cassidy wait!" Josh yells from behind me. I don't stop.  

"SHES A WHORE AND YOU'RE A DICK JOSH RAMSAY I HATE YOU" I scream back.

-JOSH'S POV-

I'm at a loss for words. A loss for actions. I push Thalia away from me. That's all I know is right.  

"Josh..." Thalia says.  

"Piss off. I never want to see you again!" I murmur.  

"Oh... Okay, call me when you realize it's me you want and not that slut" she drawls. 

"Piss off before I make you regret not leaving Thalia. I start towards Cassidy's house.

-CASSIDY'S POV-  

I just want josh back. I think as I wash out the hairdye. When I finish blow drying it, I hear a knock at the door as I slide into a floral skirt and I white tanktop.

It's Josh. I notice as I look through the peephole. I hold my breath as I wait for Josh's reaction.

-JOSH'S POV- 

Blonde. Cassidy is blonde. 

"Cassidy..." 

"What, aren't you into blondes?" She snaps. 

"Cassidy..." I can't form any words. 

"I made sacrifices for you. To make YOU happy" she screams. "Sorry" 

"I still taste that sickness... Whenever I see Thalia. And it makes me crazy without it!"  

"Josh! YOU TOLD HER YOU LOVED HER! YOU KISSED HER! Clearly, you don't want me" she cries. 

"I told her I didn't want her. I was hurt during rehab! I needed someone. I fell for her eyes! That's the TRUTH! They looked like yours!"  

She doesn't say anything. She balls up my shirt in her hand and kisses me.