chapter 9

He left us there whytt came closer I looked down he put his hand on mine.
''Your father will find us.'' Whytt said
''How you took the tracker.'' I said
''My uncle told me to give it to him he put it on a rock and sent it down the sewer.'' He said
''We need a plan.'' I said
''If only we can sent a signal.'' Whytt said I looked up
''That's it.'' I said I graved a little flashlight from my pocket.
''What's that?'' He asked
''My father has a another one of these when I click it I can sent a code and when he sent's one back mine will turn on.'' I said
''Nice.'' He said I sent my father a message saying that we are in danger we waited for him to respond it started turn on and off.
''He asked us were we are.'' I said whytt took the small flashlight and clicked it he handed it back I put it in my pocket then the door opened.
''Time to go.'' Carlos said he held metal cuffs a another man came in with him Carlos came up to me and used the cuffs on my hands he unlocked the chain the other man tied whytt hands behind his back they walked us out of the room and into the control room mark came up to us.
''Because you destroyed the first controls I had to call for the back up ones.'' He said
''What are the cuffs for?'' I asked
''They were made so you can't use the stone.'' He said he started to walk Carlos pushed me we went over to the tube I pushed back Carlos picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.
''Let me go.'' I said he only laughed he threw me in the tube and took off the cuffs the tube closed I slimed my hands over and over mark went over to the controls they made a noise and smoke came in the room.
''Great.'' Mark said slamming his fist on the controls. ''You luck.'' He came up to the tube he went back to the controls I looked at whytt I graved the small flashlight from my pocket Carlos saw it and hit the tube I dropped it and the lens broke.
''Nice try.'' He said I was mad
''You don't know what's going to happen.'' I said
''And nether do you.'' He said
''Mark please what if you can't control me what if I never join you.'' I said one of his other men was fixing the controls he came over to me.
''I made it my self and if that happens we can always lock you up.'' He said
''You can't do that.'' Whytt said struggling in the mans hands mark went over to him.
''You betrayed me.'' Mark said
''I was doing what's right.'' Whytt said mark walked away from him.
''Your parents were different.'' Mark said
''How do you know.'' I said
''They tried they never gave up but you. You gave up.'' He said
''That is not true.'' I yelled at him. ''I might be different then my parents but I am there daughter.''
''Then prove that you are.'' He said I was silent I stood there looking at the floor.
''I thought so.'' He said calmly he walked away Carlos followed him I looked up at whytt his eyes looked down his brown hair he looked up and stared at me with his blue eyes I closed my eyes and I sank to the floor with my knees against my chest my head was down then I thought I am like my parents I looked up and saw a small vent were the smoke would come from I focused on it and stood up I blocked it but I keeped my eyes on it.
''Working.'' Said the man mark turned it on there was a buzzing noise the smaller tubes exploded and the smoke turned white and was coming at me I took my eyes off the vent and started coughing.
''Get her out of there.'' Whytt yelled mark opened the tube I fell out on my hands and knees gasping for breath.
''You OK.'' Whytt called I nodded
''What happened this time?'' Mark asked I was now laying on the floor taking small breathes I closed my eyes when I opened them again mark was next to me I sat up.
''Take them back.'' He said Carlos came up to me I tried to run but he cuffed my hands he soon put us back on the chains he in removed the cuffs from my hands and he left whytt turned to me.
''What was that?'' He asked
''I Gave us some more time.'' I said
''You all most hurt your self.'' He said
''That was part of the plan. Mark needs me that's why I did it so hat he has to fix the machine and we can come up with a plan.'' I said
''Your crazy.''
''Hey it worked.''
''Yea.'' We both laughed. ''So what's the plan?'' He asked
''Look at the screws at the end of the chains if we find something sharp in of then we can in screw it then when they come back to get us we can lock them in.'' I said we looked around whytt saw a rock he handed it to me.
''Will this work?'' He asked
''Let's see.'' I said I walk over to were my chain was I focused on my strength I put in the rock to one of the screws I pulled at it with all my might nothing happened I pulled harder and it moved I smiled when they came off I went over to whytt and got his we hide by the door hidden by darkness.
''What if they don't come.'' Whytt whispered
''Trust me they will.'' I whispered back
We heard foot steps out side and we heard the key enter the lock.