Tongue Tied

Chapter 1

"Caden! Did you use out my shampoo? I need that! I have way more hair than you!" I scream from inside the shower. I hear giggling coming from downstairs so he instantly gave himself away. I swear I'm going to kill that boy. "Just use mine and we'll go out later and get some more!" C.T yelled from her bedroom two doors down. I sighed and picked up her mango scented shampoo. After I was finished in my shower I walked down the hall to the closet room. We had a room dedicated to clothes, shoes and accessories. It was like a mini boutique.

I'll explain; I'm Ayana Brookes and I'm 19. I live with my two best friends, Cyra Tyler, or C.T for short, and Caden Andrews. They're also 19. We are sophomores at Bowdoin University in Brunswick, Maine. We met freshman year when we were all looking at this abandoned warehouse about two miles south of campus. We decided that we would buy it and split the cost equally. The space was scheduled to be demolished but we bought it and we are almost done fixing it up. We didn't have to pay rent or anything because we paid it off, so it was ours; all we had to pay was electricity, water, cable, and Internet.

It really wasn't that expensive since the place was basically already demolished in the government's eyes. We paid the companies bimonthly and as a total it only came up to about $600. That was really good because between the three of us, we only paid $200. It used to be a place where art shows were held but apparently, it had gotten too small so the art exhibit people bought another place up town. It had three levels. The best part about it was that all the stairs, railings, and floors were already done plus they were metal and the floors were either marble or wood. All we had to do was bring in furniture and the only rooms we actually renovated were the home theater and bathroom.

The downstairs held a kitchen, living room, home theater, and dining area. The upstairs held all three bedrooms, one huge bathroom, 'closet' room, and of course both the studios. C.T and I both double in music and Theater so we use the music studio to record for classes and personal use. Caden double majors in Art and Theater and he uses the Art studio to work.

Anyway, I walk into the 'closet' room and pick out C.T's red denim shorts with gold studs, my white lace bralette and Caden's black cardigan and his white and red Converse. Oh, yeah we wear each other's clothes because we're all the same size, plus we have the same taste.

I trot down the stairs and kiss Caden on the cheek. "Good morning sexy. What's the agenda for today?" He was cooking grilled cheese with bacon and it looked delicious. I heard C.T turn off the water for her shower; I guess she got in after me.

"Well, I got us an appointment to go get those tattoos we wanted."

"Really? The schedule cleared?"

"Yup, now we can get the cool sayings and other stuff."

"Is C.T. going to come? You know she doesn't like needles."

"She's going, whether she likes it or not." I laughed and he turned around to whack me with the spatula.

"Ow! What's that for?"

"You better make up your mind on whether you're going to get the 'Alice in Wonderland' quote on your wrist or the birds on your arm."

"I think I'm going to go with Alice, I'll get the birds next time."

"Good choice."

"What about you, what are you getting?"

"I'm going to finish my Dio De Las Muertos girl."

"Cool! Do you think C.T. will finally get the matching tattoo? She's the only one out of the three of us without it."

"I really hope so, it's so cute and it didn't even hurt."