OUR FIRST CASE

Kristen POV:

Danny and I were just catching up, since we haven't seen each other since 2001, and we also grew up together. So, as we were talking his desk phone rang, and I kind of knew that we were about to get a case.

"Reagan," He answered. "Damn it, okay. Does the Commissioner know? Okay, my partner and I will be there in a few minutes."

"Danny what's going on?" I asked, after he hung up the phone.

"We've got us a case partner."

"What is it?"

"A cop from the 27 has been shot and killed."

"Who?"

"Detective Marcus Thompson."

"Danny, lets go." I say grabbing my coat. Danny grabs his and we leave the Precinct. We got into his car and headed to the Crime Scene, which was in Central Park.

"Kristen, did you know this guy?" Danny asked, before we got out of his car.

"Yes, I did," I answered. "He was my former partner."

"Any idea who would want to hurt him?"

"No, I don't but I would like to find out."

"Okay." We got out of the car, and walked to the crime scene. We were let under the tape, and we were greeted by Commissioner Frank Reagan, Danny's dad. "Commissioner."

"Detective Reagan and Detective Meyers," Frank replied.

"Commissioner," I say.

"I see you have already started at the 54."

"Yes sir, thank you for talking with my Superior Officer for transferring me."

"Anything for one of my best Detectives." Then, Frank came closer to me and whispered in my ear. "Especially when it's one that I watched grow up with my oldest."

"Yes sir. My parents were proud of me, when I graduated from the academy."

"How are they?" Frank asked.

"They're not okay."

"Why not?"

"They were killed Commissioner, just yesterday."

"I'm sorry to hear that, they were good cops."

"Yes sir they were. Once, I get everything settled, I'd like to have a funeral for them and Commissioner Reagan, I'd like you to conduct the ceremony, I know that they would have wanted you too."

"Of course." He gave me his cell phone number. "You call me at anytime when you need to."

"I will, thank you, sir."

"Get to work."

"Yes sir," We reply, in unison. I went over to Marcus' dead body, and lifted up the sheet over him. I just hung my head down and shook it at my dead friend and former partner. Danny came over and put his hand on my shoulder in a very comforting way, I couldn't help but smile at his touch. I was about to cry, but I stayed strong and held it in. We looked around for any witnesses, and my eyes landed on his wife Sarah, and his sister Courtney.

"Danny, could you excuse me please?" I ask.

"Sure, but I'll come with you," Danny said.

"Alright." We walk away from his body and go over to Courtney and Sarah. "Sarah, Courtney."

"Kristen!" Sarah exclaimed.

"I'm sorry that this happened to Marcus," I answer. "This is my partner Detective Reagan."