Chapter 2: Master

LAST TIME:

The beginning (The first couple of chapters) is slightly strange and UNLIKE the first Mythical Academy book. PLEASE NOTE that this changes!!! It will go back to the same 'Mythical Academy' theme to it with the school and the new war.

SO PLEASE try the book!!! Yes the beginning is a little strange, but I promise it all settles nicely!!

Thanks and have fun! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been several months since I have been captured in this dungeon; or so it felt like it. When there is nothing but pain, minutes turn to hours, hours turn to days, and days ticked on forever. Time ended many weeks ago in this dungeon realm. Time is an interesting concept; we base it off the sky. When the sky is gone, we base it on constants; constants that start and end every day at the same time.

Our day started as the bald, beefy, toothless man entered the creaking door with his large whipping chain in his hand. It ended when the last creature as was brutally hit by that chain.

The smell of decaying bodies, urine, and starvation soaked every crack, every creature, and every spirit. It helped elongate the feeling of time not passing.

My own body was covering in bruises. Though my scaled did well to protect me, my armor was still very light. I was sore, tired, broken, and like many others, wanting my days to end quicker. My days started with the large beefy man. I still tried to snap at the man every chance I got, trying to defeat him and defy him. All this did, however, was fuel his want for my pain even more.

The beefy man throws me back into my small cage, my body thumping against the cold metal bars as if already dead. The door slams shut and I weakly roll over onto my stomach, watching the man with hidden anger, though hopelessness was my main emotion.

Today, I was the last victim. The beefy man's horrible screechy laugh echoes across the dungeon, "See you all tomorrow lovelies!"

The other animals whine out in fear as the man only laughs more, exiting the room before slamming the door shut.

I sigh regretfully, laying my head down on my paws. My scales were currently white, showing my sadness, fear, and hopelessness.

"Did you hear what he was saying? We are supposed to go to an auction tomorrow." Alex says mentally; the tiredness and hopelessness in his voice matching my own.

"Hopefully we won't get picked to be someone's 'pet'..." I respond quietly.

"Hopefully we do..." Simon says, reminding us of our current horrible fate.

**

Hissing and snapping, I resist against the pull of the metal chain around my neck. I was pulling back and struggling fiercely. I will not be sold like a pet!

"Get down you stupid Mutt!!!" growls the beefy 'trainer'.

Two guards were leading Alex and Simon behind me, also yelling at them to calm down.

We slowly begin our trek from the dungeon in the middle of nowhere to the closest town nearby where hunters auction off their current catches.

I was sure I was a bountiful prize. Though dragon animal transformers were heard of, they were extremely rare.

We leave the darkness of the trees and enter the blinding open sun. I squint my eyes, the glaring sun chortling happily at our misery. The town itself was a shabby little thing. Small wooden cottages with farms not too far away were the basic structures of the village.