Chapter Three ~ Treacherous

I walked towards my locker, and tried to keep my head down. It wouldn't do me any good to catch the attention of anyone, especially them. The people who ruled the school, the popular kids.

I guess the perks of being an outcast was that no one really knows you actually exist so they tend to ignore you.

I saw my locker and quickly made my way towards it. After spinning my combination, I stored my new books for the year onto the shelf in my locker.

I held onto the books I would need for first period and shut my locker. I sighed as I leaned against it.

Katie. Get your game together. You can do this. I thought to myself.

I was getting rather paranoid that something bad was going to happen and that my plans to be invisible would backfire. I didn't know why.

It was just a hunch.

Unfortunately, my hunch was right. Luck was not on my side today as I rushed to my homeroom. I had been thinking about my plan that I didn't realise the bell had rang.

Just as I was about to go round a corner, I smacked straight into a wall.

"Oof -" Okay maybe it wasn't a wall. It was someone's solid, rock-hard chest. And by someone, I meant Carson Tyder.

"Watch where you're - My, my. If it isn't Katie Loserpants. Fancy seeing you back here." He smirked, as I caught my balance.

"The one and only." I muttered, while rolling my eyes. People like Carson had the upper hand in everything. They were the higher class. The ones who decided what the lower class did, and didn't do. They were the ones who ruled the school. The ones I wanted to avoid. Especially Carson.

"What are you doing back in school? Thought you wouldn't come back." He feigned innocence. Then he narrowed his eyes, "Loserpants."

I shot him a glare. "Funny. I was pretty sure it was Freakpig before. Why the change, hmm?" I taunted him.

"New year, new start, new name." He smirked. Then his smirk dropped as he took a few steps towards me until he was pressed up against me along the lockers while I clutched my books tightly to my chest. "But you don't get to talk to me like that." He murmured, while grabbing my chin, before the smirk was back on his face again.

I was really uncomfortable so I pushed him away from me. His smirk only got wider.

So this was how it was going to be. My high school life was such a joke. My whole life was a joke.

"Whatever," I turned to leave and only took a few steps before pausing.

"Jerk." I muttered, thankfully not loud enough for Carson to hear, before continuing on my way to my class and leaving the conceited boy behind in that suffocating corridor.

***

History was pretty boring. I didn't even know why I decided to take this class. Probably because I hated the other subjects more.

I sighed.

What on earth should I do? It hadn't even been more than twenty minutes of my first day of school and here I was, slowly dying from the droning voice of Mr Duncan.