Pessimists and Optimists

Wer geboren werden will,
muss eine Welt zerstören.

- Hermann Hesse

Opium's POV

To be true to myself and everyone else, yes, I was kind of shocked when I walked into Kyle's room only to see him sitting on his bed with another person; laughing together over some joke they made. I felt jealous I think. The way my gut twisted a bit with the happiness of seeing Kyle being happy and the strange stomach dropping feeling of seeing an overly hot human being being the source of Kyle's happiness - I didn't really knew how to deal with it.

In the end it wasn't a big deal. Kyle was so happy seeing me and so cutely exited over the Depp/Burton movies I had brought with me I forgot that strange feeling in my gut in no time. It was also helpful that the insanely hot being turned out to be Kyle's gender-neutral flamboyant bisexual nurse and not some kind of grow-your-lover-in-five-minutes. Xavier was actually quite funny I had to admit that and they were very sympathetic from the start on. They also seemed to have a good effect on Kyle so that it actually made me quite appreciate them because they could cause Kyle such happiness in a very short time. After about ten minutes after I came into the room Xavier left though. Winking at me and whispering 'I'll make sure to close the blinds.' before stalking out of the room like an a plus classy diva leaving me and Kyle alone.

It was kind of awkward to be alone at first since we both didn't seem to be socially able enough to get a conversion started. So I just kind of penguin shuffled over to his bed and let myself fall into the same chair I had sat on before he'd woken up. The silence lasted for about five minutes but it felt way longer with our eyes meeting from time to time only for us to look away quickly and him to blush a lot.

In the end what saved us from distributing the record for the longest and most awkward silence spent together in history was the lady from the shop where I bought the movies. Or rather the plastic bag she had put them in because I accidentally hit them while wiggling my foot which made us both remember the movies in the first place.

"Uhm..so, which ones have you brought? I love Tim Burton movies so I'll basically be okey with anything", Kyle's eyes seemed to really lighting up while he said that which reassured me that at least he wasn't lying just to make me feel better. It was actually kind of cute how easy it was to read his emotions from his eyes.

"I got Edward Scissorhands, Alice in Wonderland, Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I didn't know which genres or actors you liked and I thought what could go wrong with Burton/Depp collabs. Admittedly I might have went overboard getting all of these but I was really unsure which one you'd like to watch....", my trail of words got lost there ending with me staring at the floor as I realized I was rambling like a fool again.

Kyle's POV

Gladly that short awkwardness after Xavier left was overcome rather fast by Opium's foot mistake.

The kindness of him bringing so many different movies was also overwhelming as well as the fact that he's also totally into Tim Burton movies. And to be honest it was kind of cute to see someone so much taller than me ramble out of nervousness that they'd made me uncomfortable in any way. I haven't had someone care so much in such a long time I nearly forgot that giddy warm feeling that arises in your stomach.

In the end I decided for Sweeny Todd because how could I not with that obsession that I had with the concept and all in all implementation of the movie.

There was something he hadn't thought of though when Opium got the down idea for us to watch movies; where should we both fit in to watch the movie when all we had was a laptop to stream it on. After some weird positions and elbows and other body parts digging into uncomfortable places of the significant other we finally managed to settle down in a position comfortable and perfect for both of us to observe the screen.