Chapter 2-When they discover (edited)

The car trip was pretty exhausting, Aleesha was fast asleep snoring slightly. Sean was wide awake. He was looking through the car window counting every lamp-post, hoping the next would be the last. It was around midnight when Dad announced that 'they were nearly there'. Aleesha woke up ten minutes later yawning longly. " Oh yes! I'm sorry I forgot to tell you both, you're starting your new school tomorrow already." announced Mom. "Oh really? And where am I going?" questioned Aleesha. "Oh yes honey, you got a place at the 'University Of Nevada' Ok?" stated Dad. Aleesha sighed in despair. 

" We're here!" shouted Dad. "All right." muttered  Aleesha. Dad parked the car in front of a bunch of apartment buildings. "Uh hello?" said Aleesha. Everyone ignored what Aleesha said except for Sean. " Dad these are apartments,we don't do apartments! we do nice villas and bungalows." He said.   "yeah well we're doing them now." replied Mom wittily. 

Sean, Aleesha and Dad carried all the suitcases up the rusty staircase whilst Mom was cleaning up the mess inside the car. Sean dropped his suitcase in his room with a thud. He looked around in despair. then  thought to himself " wow...did I really deserve this? I mean this is all Dad's fault! no wait don't blame him. uurgh i really don't know what to think anymore."  Mom knocked on the door gently Sean could barely hear the knock. She walked into the room gingerly, "how are you doing?" she asked " well, I guess." She sat on the tatty mattress, and tapped the spot beside her. Sean sat down beside Mom and waited for her to speak. "Look I know this is difficult, but you need to know that me and your father are just trying to get the best available for you within our reach." Mom said, while Sean nodded in agreement, " you should get unpacked, because we're going to try and get the house in shape before tomorrow Ok? Oops! It's already 5pm Let's get moving." Mom then got up and left the room.

After unpacking, Sean rearranged his bedroom so it looked more spacious. When Sean was finished everybody else was also done. The house didn't look that bad, the living room was pretty classy and so was the kitchen. The only problem was that it was really compacted and small.

Mom was preparing dinner in the kitchen whilst Sean, Dad and Aleesha were in the living room trying to get the TV to work. Mom was stirring the tomato sauce continuously. There was a medium-sized window right in front of the stove. Whilst Mom was stirring the sauce she just kept on gazing outside the window looking at the people who were walking through the alley behind the building. Sean then walked into the kitchen but remained by the door, "Is dinner ready yet?" questioned Sean "No not yet but can you just get the plates ready." replied Mom. Mom then just carried looking out of the window when an average looking man with brown hair walked by then noticed Mom and seemed to recognise Mom so he stopped and smiled and waved at Mom. Mom then stood still, her eyes widened but she had no expression on her face. "Mom are you Ok?" asked Sean as he approached Mom. When the man noticed Sean he just fled. " yeah I'm fine." replied Mom whilst breathing heavily. Mom then served all the plates and Sean took them into the living room.

Everyone sat down on the sofas around a black wooden table. But Mom didn't, "Oh! Right I knew I forgot something. I've...I've been craving Fanta all day I'm going to go buy some. Don't wait up." announced Mom. Dad looked confused at this point and looked pretty suspicious, "But we have Fanta Lemon here you said THAT'S what you wanted." replied Dad "Well, no you must've gotten it wrong." The whole family was eating except mom, as she left. After dinner we all went to bed, and Mom still hadn't returned.After a long night it was 7.55 am the sun was shining through Sean's blinds, his eyes opened slowly as he woke up, he turned around to face his alarm clock noticing he was extremely late. He got up and got ready in a hurry. As he ran into the kitchen to grab his lunch he noticed Mom was back and she just kept staring out of that window. "You can at least shower!" shouted Dad to Sean as he was starting to wear his shoes to leave, "NO TIME!" Sean shouted back "I'm off!" shouted Sean again "bye!" shouted Dad back.

Sean walked down his street to catch the public community bus, the smell was awful. The second bus stop was right in front of the school. He came out of the bus, then glared at the school. It was only then that Sean realised it was a public school. He was extremely shocked as he had only been to private schools all his life. This could be interesting.