Chapter - 54

Manik was constantly pating Nandini's head she was sleeping peacefully. Manik not for a once blinked his eyes and unknown fear was settled in his heart. From last 6 hours Nandini was sleeping and Manik was just lying beside her unknowingly protecting her from the cruel world. Suddenly he heard a faint knock at the door he gently adjusted Nandini's head on the pillow and opened the door. Nayonika and Preeti were standing with worried faces.
"Is she ok?"Preeti asked looking at Nandini.
"She is ok..! Sleeping..!"Manik said softly.
"Manik..! Tum dono nay subha say kuch nahi khaya..! Wake her up and eat something..! Hum khana lay kar aty hain..!"Nayonika said politely and Preeti too nodded.
"Ok..!"Manik said and they both left. Now it was a difficult task to disturb her beauty sleep. Manik thought of a naughty idea and gently placed his lips on her pouty ones. He lovingly sucked her lips for a moment or so she was not responding but suddenly she started responding and her hands automatically went in his hair. Manik kissed her ever so gently nibbling her lower lip with that he tickled her a little to which she giggled and Manik smilingly broke the kiss.
"You ok na..!"Manik asked lovingly playing with her hair.
"Better than ever...!"Nandini said lovingly ruffling his hair and pecked Manik's forehead. "Waisy it's good method...!"Nandini said naughtily.
"What?"Manik gave her a confused look.
"Ya he mjy is trha jagany ka..!"Nandini said winking at him and he laughed loudly.
"I won't mind..! If you like it then decided aj say main tmhy aisy he jagaon ga ok?"Manik asked naughtily.
"Perfect..!"Nandini exclaimed and hugged Manik tightly.
"Acha tum fresh ho jye mery baby ko bhook lagi ho ge na?"Manik asked kissing her hair and she bobbed her head cutely. Then she went into the bathroom and Manik sighed in relief that Nandini was relaxed. Meanwhile Nayonika and Preeti gave him the lunch. It was Nandini's favorite Chinese. After some time Nandini came out of the bathroom with wet face she even didn't bothered to wipe her face Manik shook his head smilingly. She quietly came to him and sat in his lap.
"Tmhry hath say khana hai..!"Nandini whispered nuzzling her wet face in his neck and he wrapped his arms around her.
"My pleasure..!"Manik said lovingly pecking her cheek and picked up the spoon to feed her. Manik brought a spoon full of rice near her face and she turned her face. Manik was startled a little. He placed the spoon back in the plate. "What happened baby?"Manik asked cupping her cheek.
"Chinese ni khana..!"She said rubbing her eyes.
"Ok..! Tell me kya khana hai?"Manik asked lovingly and pushed the food tray away.
"Bahar chalain? Just you and me?"Nandini said looking at him excitedly.
"Sure..! Chalo..!"Manik said smilingly.
"Tmhari Motor Bike pay chalain gay..!"Nandini said blinking her eyes.
"Ok..! As my lady wishes..!"Manik said smilingly holding her hands.
"Yayyeee..! I love you so much..!"Nandini shouted excitedly and hugged Manik tightly.
After exactly half hour Manik was kicking his heavy bike and Nandini was sitting behind him hugging his tightly.
"So what you want to eat?"Manik asked cheerfully.
"Umm..! Goal Guppay..!!"Nandini exclaimed in Manik's ear and he laughed. Then he stopped the bike near a goal gappa vendor. "Bhaiya g..! ziada Mirchi wala..!"Nandini shouted excitedly.
"No..! Bhaiya g..! Normal mirchain..! Tmhy khana day raha hoon na kafi hai..!"Manik said strictly and Nandini fowned.
"You are such a monster Manik..!"She said angrily.
"Really? I know that..!"Manik said sarcastically. Well after a lot of 'behas' Nandini accepted her defeat and she ate a normal mirchi goal gappy she was making cute faces and Manik was just going all awe on her cuteness. Then they ate ice cream.
"Ab hum kahan ja rahy hain?"Nandini asked sadly as they both were again on bike.
"Ghar..!"That was all Manik's answer.
"Manik..! Ab baat mano gay?"Nandini said sadly resting her chin on Manik's shoulder.
"Tum hukam karo?"Manik said lovingly.
"Aj raat mjy ghar nahi jana please..!"She pleaded so cutely and Manik sighed.
"Thora sa wait kar lo..!"Manik said politely actually he had planned a surprise for Nandini just to cheer her up as he very well know that she was feeling so low although she was smiling with him but he knew that Dadi's horrible act had shook her to the core.
"Surprise hai?"She instantly guessed and Manik laughed.
"Haan..! Surprise hai mera baby..!"Manik said smilingly.
"Wow...! I love you Manik..!"She shouted excitedly.
"I love you too..!"Manik too shouted and then Nandini kept quiet. She knew Manik's surprises will be worth waiting. Soon they reached a forest type area Manik stopped his bike and asked Nandini to get down.
"Let's go..!"Manik said smilingly holding her hand and she nodded. Manik lead her towards an area it was a kind of water pond..! But it was too much big to called a pond and there was tent near it.
The most fascinating thing Nandini saw were some kind of glowing lamps.
"Manik..! What are those??"Nandini asked pointing towards the lights.
"Come..! I will tell you..!"Manik said smilingly and they walked near the pond. All the lights ;according to Nandini were flying in the air while one of them was on the grass.
"These lights are beautiful..!"She said smilingly and Manik picked up the only light from the grass.
"Nandini..! These are not only lights..! These are called Chinese flying lanterns..!"Manik told her politely.
"Chinese lanterns?"Nandini asked Manik blinking her eyes.
"Yes..! Aur kehty hain kay ya sidha God tak jata hai..! Wishes lay kar..!"Manik told her and Nandini's eyes sparkled with happiness.
"Wow..!"She clapped her hands and look at all the lanterns. The view was so beautiful indeed..!
"So let's make a wish with this last one..!"Manik said pointing at the lantern in his hand.
"Ok..!"Nandini said smilingly and put her hands on Manik's.
"Together FOREVER ..!"They both said in unison looking in each other's eyes and here goes the last lantern in the air.
Nandini side hugged him and rested her head on his chest. Manik possessively wrapped his arm around Nandini's waist. Both were quiet..! Both were gazing at the lanterns...! Sometimes words are not needed to express how much the lovers love each other..! Each other's presence..! Each other's actions are more than enough to express..! Manik's actions for Nandini were something which always makes her feel very special..!