Where it began...

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked Toby hoping that I could cheer him up. "Sure why not" he said. I unfolded my fingers and passed Toby the coin. "Come on then, tell me what's bothering you" I said impatiently. My legs were swinging over the piping under the roof; I looked down only to see my mum getting out the car, looking at us both. "you be careful up there". I just rolled my eyes and smiled sweetly at her.

"Come on then" I said getting more impatient. " I kissed maya today" Toby replied looking a bit more relieved. But me, not so much. My fist clenched that tight that I my nails scratched against my skin. " Where did you kiss her?" I said not showing any emotions. " Where do you think idiot on the lips" Toby replied sarcastically.

My legs stop swinging, I just sat quiet for a while trying to process what he just said. My mind filling up with crazy thought. He's only ten how is he supposed to know what he's doing. To anyone else this might have seem harmless but not to me. How could he do something so stupid and idiotic.

We sat silently for a moment. I didn't know what to say. "Penny for your thoughts" Toby said with a soft voice but all I could hear was the sound of my thoughts spiraling out of control. "Hello, anyone in there? I said penny for you thoughts?" In this moment in time all I could think was don't do anything stupid.

I snatched the coin out of his hand a wrapped it tightly in the palm of my hand. Not wanting to let go. " I, I think that what you did was wrong" I said sounding ashamed. Toby stared at me looking puzzled. The thought of him being with someone else made my stomach churn. My arm slowly reached out to Toby.

Within a split second Toby was on the ground. Blood poured from his head, his arm and left leg twisted in a way I didn't think was possible. I didn't care if he was dead I was just glad that he couldn't be with anyone else... Did that make me crazy?