Fondly Remembered.

FONDLY REMEMBERED.

-Chapter 1-

I never knew if all these were all real. It had been so long, so tough a journey, I never knew if all these were true or just a dream. All these became my past, a combination of sorrow and happy moments. Replaying my life stories helped me reminisce a lot of things. Some of it would hurt like hell; while some will keep my smile bright. Happy memories were history. Painful ones left a scar that never managed to be forgotten, even if forgiven...

I leaned against the window as I watched the world outside zoom past. The houses, the trees, all of them brought me memories of my past, the childhood that every other kid had ever dreamt about. Why did it even happen? Why did it even happen to me? Why me? I stared up at the dark sky. Sadness and loneliness filled my eyes as I looked at my reflection. God, why? Why must my life be so miserable? I continued to stare at the moon as tears struggled to flow out. It was all my fault. All mine. I wasn't there for them. No, no, no, this never happened. I reassured myself with a lie. I knew I should have agreed and followed them to the candy shop happily. But why did I throw a tantrum and ignore them?

At least she gave in and took care of you. My wolf said and I realized that it was true. No matter how sad I was, or how shattered my heart was, at least Anna had allowed me to stay at her house, at least for this summer. I glanced at her. Without her, I would have spent my time alone, never to have anyone beside me. I would be the coward that hid at the corner and cry all day, I would have always been the freak that people kick around as if I was just dirt. Maybe, just maybe, I could forget about everything as soon as I started my life brand new with Anna. It may sound short, but I'm very sure I could recuperate and heal from my wounds. It's gonna be tough, but with Anna, I know things will turn out just fine.

"Okay we're almost there!" Anna beamed as she made a sharp turn. I quickly peered outside the window. Bungalows were built neatly in rows as the car travelled across the street. No, it's too big to be a bungalow, maybe a villa I guess. Anna turned into a drive way and stopped in front of a huge house. My jaw dropped as I narrowed into every detail of the beautiful house. It was painted white, clear big windows enveloped the second floor. The big garden was so green that made my eyes hurt, the fountain, the grass, the swing...

"Sooooo....." Anna began while she looked at curiously, snapping me back to reality. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. It was too beautiful.

"Wow... I-It's the most beautiful house I have ever seen..." I blurted out.

All of a sudden, Anna shot her fist into the air.

"Yeah! I knew you would like it!" She smirked as she lead me into the house. I giggled at her reaction but followed her nevertheless. Although Anna was turning 24 this year, she may seem a lot like a kid at any toy store.

She poked the key into the keyhole and unlocked the door. "Come on, let's see your room first so you can settle down. Dinner will be ready soon ." The door swung open, revealing the house that I have always dreamt in my dreams. I was paralysed with shock for a moment. I couldn't believe my eyes. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Anna turned to look at me with a smile while I sprinted after her.

We were standing in front of a room that looked classically modern with doors painted a creamy white tint. That must be my room. Anna gave me the 'go-ahead' look and I pushed the door gently. I gasped as I looked at my room. It was so country, just like being in the woods. My wolf howled with joy at the word 'woods'. Wooden floor, swing bed that hung loosely from the top corners of the walls, wooden table, the split level that led to a platform which had an ultra slim TV where bean bags, cushions, with a comfortable mat covered every inch of the split level. Am I dreaming or something?