Chapter 1- The First Night

I heard the doors opening and closing, and heard people talking. My eyes opened up, and color filled my vision. The walls were light blue, with pictures of me and Fredbear drawn all over them, colored by children. There were round tables in the room with festive covers, and the chairs looked soft and squishy from up on the stage. In the back of the party room, there were restrooms for the people, and then a hallway that led into the kitchen. A counter near the doorways held the waitress that always begged for a tip. I never really liked her, and she never really liked us. Well, that's her problem, I had always thought.

I looked down in my hands and saw the red guitar. My programming had taught me how to use the cords on it, and now I could do it freely, without the help of my mental guide book. I looked over to my right and saw Fredbear beginning to open his eyes as well. We saw the red curtain go around us, meaning that we couldn't perform yet. I looked at him again, him at me.

Fredbear was my best and only friend. We had pretty much stayed together the whole time, never leaving each other's side, the way brothers do when they're in somewhere foreign. And that was all we felt for each other. Nothing more than friendship.

"Do you think we're going to be packed again?" I asked. Fredbear shrugged.

"I don't know. Usually we are." he replied. His voice was much deeper than mine, sort of cartoon-like. Mine sounded like a regular man, but with a slightly lower pitch.

"Well, I hope not. That waiter lady would probably get angry and yell at the boss again." I muttered. Fredbear let out a soft chuckle.

"Maybe. What I wonder is who's birthday it is today. That means we're going to have to perform exceptionally well." he said. I just nodded once in agreement, running my fingers across the guitar strings. The multi-colored stage lights cast odd-colored shadows from the cords, and I liked to see my finger distort the shadows even more.

"...There's the man in purple again." Fredbear whispered. I looked up, seeing that the bear was peering through the curtains. I knew who he was referring to. For some odd reason, a man dressed in all purple came here one day and got a job here as a security guard. I never trusted him, though. He always seemed too happy, like someone who's trying to hide something dire. I peeked above Fredbear and of course, there he was, talking to the waitress lady. If those two ganged up, then we might as well call it the end of the world.

"I still don't trust him." I murmured.

"You never trust anybody you don't recognize, Spring Bonnie. Maybe this guy just really likes purple." the golden bear replied. I rolled my eyes and slid back behind the curtains, and began to tune my guitar. The staff never tuned it for me, so I had to learn that on my own. Without any help and very little knowledge about the world, it was a hard process. But I feel proud now that I had learned to do it.

"Hurry up. They're about to lift the curtains." Fredbear said, getting into place. I quickly got into my pose, ready for the first performance of the day.

The dialogue of our characters is always the same, and it's always the same words that bore me. I love learning words, and occasionally I'd sneak a few of the words I learned into our performance. Nobody seemed to notice except me, unless I'd use it wrong, then I'd have to quickly cover it up. I didn't want the man in purple getting suspicious. I'd rather have the waitress lady checking my rotors out instead of him. Just the way he looks at people or at me rubs me the wrong way.

We finished our performance, and the curtains surrounded us again.

"The purple man was watching us again." I said. Fredbear looked at me and then down at the floor.