Chapter 12

A Month Later...

LUKE'S POV

I'm strolling through all these shops and I finally pass by a Jewelry shop. I go inside and look at all the rings. One caught my eye. This is the lucky ring I'm going to use to propose to Avalon. I've been saving up so we could get married soon, she obviously doesn't know that I'm here right now. I can't wait!

     A couple of hours later, I decided to hit the bar for a while so I wouldn't be such a pussy proposing to Avalon. I took a couple shots of vodka, and I already felt a little tipsy. So I decided to take 2 more, and I felt better. I went, and called Avalon to meet me at the bench near the park. I just sat there alone contemplating my life. I'm a little drunk and I hope I don't do anything stupid...

     She finally arrives, and I can't stay calm. She sat next to me and I say "Hey baby, how you been?" She gives me that stank face. "Have you been drinking Luke?" I laughed and said, "Maybe a little... But anyways, I got to tell you some important stuff." She shook her head and smiled. She decided to cuddle into my chest, how adorable is she. "Whatcha gotta tell me Luke?" I sigh and say, "I love you. I love you so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Every moment, every hour, every second. And guess what, for the rest of my life. I love you and my little girl. And you, are the most sexiest girl I've ever laid my eyes on. Not only sexy, but beautiful, gorgeous. Inside, and out." Then I got off the bench and kneeled on one knee. I took out the ring and opened it, "Avalon Casey, I took these past few weeks to grow some balls and courage to ask you... Will you marry me?" She had her hands over her mouth while she was tearing up. She then said yes and leaped into my arms. She kissed me so many times, I lost count. Then I slipped the ring into her finger. Commitment starts here. And this time I promise not to leave.

   I carried her back home. Laura was at her aunt's house so we had some alone time. I regained myself again and I finally realized that I said I loved her. Well, I do love her. We got back into the house and I went upstairs. I laid down on the bed to think about what the future will be like. Avalon soon came upstairs into the room as well. "Everything okay Luke?" She asked. "Yeah, everything's fine." She plopped down on the bed and said, "You know what I realized? You said you love me." She looked at me and gave me a smile.

"I do love you. I can't wait until you're my wife too." I replied. Her smile grew wider and she gave me a kiss. I kissed her back, pulling her closer to me. From there we began to make out. She straddled my waist and she took off her shirt. I put one of my hands on each side of her lower back. I made sure to ask her, "You're ready this time?" "Yeah, I'm ready. Take me away, Brooks." And so I did. I took her to an amazing adventure. God, it felt good to be in her again.

After our glorious love making, we just decided to cuddle for a while. I stroked her hair and we talked about how things were, how out lives have been going, and our feelings. We didn't have many moments like this when we younger. Then, we had to pick up our daughter so we got dressed and headed out again.

We went to go pick up Laura and we stopped by McDonald's for food. I haven't eaten anything all day. Soon, it became night and we were all home. Laura was in bed, and so was Avalon and I. She was slowly falling asleep in my arms. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. I played with her hair and she snuggled more into my chest. We both have to work tomorrow so I decided to go to bed early too. I kissed her forehead and said goodnight. And I drifted off into a deep sleep. At least Avalon is officially only for me now.