Chapter 1

I lie awake as the rain pounded hard against my roof. I miss him. I thought to myself. Only two more days as I looked at my clock, it read 4:00 am. I turn over and close my eyes trying not to think about how much I miss him but there in my head, every time I close my eyes is Luke. His beautiful blue eyes and his perfect lips there ready for me to jump into his arms, I jerk awake crying this time. 5:00 now...maybe he's up I think to myself, I grab my phone and dial his number. It rings for about thirty seconds... no answer. I decided to leave a message. "Hey baby" I started speaking, "I miss you so much." My voice starts to shake, "I can't wait to see you in two days" I say softly crying now. "Bye, I love you" I end the phone call. I decided I couldn't sleep any longer so I go downstairs still in Luke's long sleeve and my favorite shorts. I make myself a cup of coffee. In the shower the water felt like knives to my tired skin, each drop pounding into my flesh. I hear the alarm and quickly rinse the shampoo out of my eyes and head out of the bathroom searching for my towel. It was still in my room where I had left it. I turn the alarm off and quickly put on my favorite white sweater, black leggings and vans and run to work. I'm already late I think to myself. I don't make much money... I work at a small coffee shop. I'm so tired it feels like my head is weighing me down. Tomorrow, I think to myself. Tomorrow I get to see him. "Excuse me?" My thoughts are interrupted by a teenage girl who looks about 15. "Yes?" I replied.
"Can I have a dark roast coffee with vanilla flavor?" She demanded.
"Of course. " I started making the coffee and turned around and spilled all the vanilla syrup on the floor. "Oh no!!" I screamed. Let's just say... that day I was fired. I walked home, it was still raining , the rain was so cold and the breeze made it even colder. I got to my house and unlocked the door. When I got in, I started boiling water for pasta and plopped down on the couch. I want to watch something sad I thought, but this week has been hard enough. After I ate, I went right upstairs and to bed.