Chapter 5

3:40 a.m. I opened my eyes to see a very bright light, it was beginning to be very harsh on my eyes. I looked to my right to see Luke sleeping right by my side, "Luke?" I said softly..."babe,you're awake." He said and he sounded so happy to hear my voice. He told me everything about my surgery and everything that had happened. I cried softly and turned my head because I didn't want him to see me crying. He still did. He placed his hand on my cheek, softly stroking the skin around all the breaks. My face hurt so bad but I thought I was never going to see him again, I thought I was going to immediately die after what happened. He turned my head and I turned my body so my face was facing towards his. He looked into my eyes and said softly,"I love you" I was so happy he was beside me. The hospital bed was so small the two of us could barely fit. I moved closer to him and placed my leg over his and cuddled my head into his chest carefully avoiding the painful breaks. He kissed my forehead and closed his eyes. We fell back asleep. 7:55 a.m: "ow!" I screamed, somehow my head had fallen and my nose was face down on my pillow. The stitches were being ripped out of my flesh by the pillow. It hurt so bad, it felt like the girl was back on me hitting the same spot on my nose over and over again. I cried and Luke ran in. I thought he was still with me but he was talking to the nurse. He took one look at the damage and ran over to me and started hugging my head and screaming for the nurse. I was going to need another surgery. Luke hugged my shaking body. The piercing pain of my nose was too much I guess. I passed out again in Luke's arms. Again I woke up but this time the nurse was talking to me about how the next surgery was going to go. They were just going to stick back on the skin and fix the bone again. I agreed and went into surgery. They also informed me I was going to be awake for the procedure but I just wanted to be normal again so I just went along with it. About 30 minutes in the operating room and I was out. It was so easy and it didn't even hurt. I had to stay in the hospital for about a week so they could keep an eye on me and how I was doing. That week flew by because Luke was by my side for every minute of it. Soon after we were in the car driving back home. My stitches would come out in about 2 weeks. The worst part about this was that Luke wasn't allowed to kiss me until my face was completely healed. He took me out to dinner that night. We decided it would be good for me to get out of the house for a while so I could get my mind off of what happened. He took me to this really classy restaurant downtown. I was wearing a short blue dress and black stilettos. My hair was curled and I was wearing the same makeup I had always had on. He was wearing black jeans and a T-shirt. I felt more dressed up then I should have been but he seemed happy about that. After we are he took me to a scary movie but we stopped at home so I could throw on some sweatpants and a T-shirt from pink. Even though we just ate, we still got a large popcorn. Like we always do. During the movie I cuddled into him, I knew he was the one. I'm in love I thought to myself.