Chapter 3

Candie's P.O.V

"Okay, what is the number one rule when we're in the mall?" I asked little Leigh Anne, unbuckling her carseat straps.

"Don't walk away. Don't touch anything. And don't start begging for anything." She listened stroking her chin as if it were helping her come up with an answer.

"Correct! But what happens if you do any of those things?" I asked once again.

"You give me pow pows on my butt or we leave the mall and don't come back." She sighed, climbing out of the seat. I held her hand and waited for her to completely exit the car before shutting the door behind her.

"You're really pretty mama." She smiled up at me squeezing my hand.

"So are you Leigh. You're a gorgeous little princess." I chuckled.

"Don't princesses have tiaras? I don't have one of those so I can't be a princess." She rambled.

"Maybe we'll have to find you one today." I grinned.

"I want it to be purple. Because purple is your favorite color." She explained, continuing to go into detail about the tiara she hopes she can find. We rushed across the street and into the mall making our way to the Disney store to get her tiara before she threw a fit.

"Mama!!! They have princess Tiana dolls. Can I have one? Please please please?" She begged pointing to the four foot stack of them.

"What did I tell you about begging?" I questioned, bending down so that I was now at eye level.

"If I do it I'll get pow pows." She mumbled, already starting to tear up.

"Don't start crying Leigh Anne. If you do we will walk out of this store right now and you will not get anything. Do you understand?" I urged.

"Y-yes." She stuttered wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. I stood up and continued to walk around the store with her trailing behind me.

Several minutes passed and she was still visibly upset about the doll. I know they say that you shouldn't spoil your children and that you have to learn when to tell them no but its hard. I want to give her everything that she could ever want. 

"Go get the doll, Leigh." I encouraged looking down into her sad eyes.

'"Can I get my tiara too? Please mama." She asked, pulling on my hand. 

"Yes, you can get both. But you know how I feel about whining. You're smart enough to ask without doing all that begging. You know I will always buy you what you want." I reasoned.

"I'm sorry mama." She apologized, looking down at her shoes. 

"It's okay. Just go get your toy so we can go to the next store." I pushed. She ran back over to the dolls and carefully decided which one she wanted even though they all looked exactly the same. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After our agonizing day at the mall we headed to the grocery store to pick up something for me to cook  for dinner. 

"Tacos or Enchiladas?" I asked, trying to decide which tortillas would be best for each of my options.

"Can I help you cook your dinner?" She asked, using her hands to push her curly locks out of her face. 

"If you promise that you'll keep your fingers out of your nose and do exactly what I ask you to do." I bargained. 

"I will keep them away from my nose." She laughed earning glances from the shoppers in the isle with us. 

"Good, pumpkin." I smiled, before tossing a large pack of flour totillas into the cart. 

We went to self checkout and quickly rang up our items. "Got everything?" I asked Leigh. 

"Mhmmm she smiled." And with that we headed out of the store and into the parking lot in search of the car. 

"MA'AM MA'AM!!!! YOU FORGOT A BAG!!!" I heard being shouted behind me. I turned around and was face to face with the man I met at the club last weekend. "Here you go. I didn't mean to yell I just figured that would be the only way I'd be able to get your attention." He smiled handing me my bag.

"Thank you. And don't worry about the whole yelling thing. If you wouldn't have I probably would've just kept walking." I grinned. 

"Well honestly I do like the view from behind. It's Candie right?" He asked, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. 

"That's what I'm known as at work. You can call me Meghan though." I answered quickly glancing up at him. 

"Meghan, that's a really pretty name." He spoke, shifting his weight from foot to foot. 

"Mommy, when are we going home?" Little Leigh Anne chirped from the basket behind me. 

"In a minute baby. Mama is talking to someone." I answered earning a heavy sign from the little girl. 

"I'll let you go. But I was wondering if you could give me your phone number so that I could take you out sometime." He smiled, with that adorable hopeful look in his eyes. 

"How about I give you my phone and let you put yours in?" I asked, pulling it out of my pants pocket. 

"Oh, yeah. Sure." He stammered taking it out of my hand.